1/2 price wine in specialty resturants

princess76021

can anyone tell me if they still do it on the first night? ;) how about the second? ;p will be on the Breeze for my birthday and i'm hoping it's the second night too!! :D

thank you in advance!!!!!

Yes to both.

Edited by jimbo5544

I believe you can. You can also get a free bottle, not great but it is free. We opted for the 1/2 price for a better wine. As we were leaving the server asked if we wanted the free bottle to take back to our cabin. I am glad I had some cash in my pocket for a nice tip.

If you book the Steakhouse for the first or second night, you usually get a free bottle of wine per couple or two-top table booked (usually works out that way anyway. We usually do a booking for our group for the second night.

I heard that you can buy as many half priced bottles as you want and can have them delivered at the MDR or take them to your cabin.

:)

That was not the case for us on the Vista in January - they only allowed us to buy a total of two bottles of wine, we asked to buy more but could not. We also asked if we could get the free bottle of wine in addition to buying the two bottles of wine at half off - also a no. From what I have been reading, this varies ship to ship.

That was not the case for us on the Vista in January - they only allowed us to buy a total of two bottles of wine, we asked to buy more but could not. We also asked if we could get the free bottle of wine in addition to buying the two bottles of wine at half off - also a no. From what I have been reading, this varies ship to ship.

We will be on the Pride. I wonder if it's possible to email the hostess ahead of time and ask what the policy is (for that ship)

you can also bring up to two (2) bottle per cabin on embarkation day. personally, you'll get better wine by buying it yourself and bringing it aboard and it'll cost substantially less than on this ship. which port are you sailing out of? are you driving to flying to your port city?

you can also bring up to two (2) bottle per cabin on embarkation day. personally, you'll get better wine by buying it yourself and bringing it aboard and it'll cost substantially less than on this ship. which port are you sailing out of? are you driving to flying to your port city?

We are driving to port, and yes, I bring the bottles of wine in my carry on. Not too crazy about the wines they offer OR the prices, but I'd much rather pay 50% off for a bottle I can keep in my cabin than the price of a glass.

Can anyone suggest a good Merlot that they sell for the half price deal?

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

Carnival's wine list: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4084

Buy the Duckhorn. Carnival carries Duckhorn's middle range Merlot (the Napa Valley label): https://www.duckhorn.com/Wines/Merlot

If you can buy the Three Palms vineyard Duckhorn, get it and cherish it. It is truly a fabulous bottle as Three Palms has some of THE BEST merlot grapes in Napa (I have consumed many a bottle from the 3P vineyard). It is ridiculously dark, like black ink, and so rich in flavor and drinks very well. Make sure you decant it to open it up for 30 minutes or more.

We will be on the Pride. I wonder if it's possible to email the hostess ahead of time and ask what the policy is (for that ship)

I don't know - it sure would be nice if you got a definite answer so you knew ahead of time. We were wondering if it had to do with our server - the couple next to us, with a different server, were able to purchase 1/2 off wine and get their free bottle. When we asked our server for the discount and free wine, she asked her supervisor and the answer was no. Maybe the server at the table next to us just made a decision and didn't ask for permission. We didn't want to ruin the deal for the other people so we did not question "why them and not us?"