Upgraded Internet

oursbrun

Anybody recently off Marina or Riviera sailed after June 30 2016 noticed any improvements since the announcement in May that all ships would be upgraded by the end of June.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

On Riviera in July and internet was no better than before. I guess they did not read their own announcement. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On Marina in August it was on-again, off-again and slow as dial-up. And we weren't in some out-of-the-way place with no satellite coverage, either: it was northern Europe!

There were a couple of entire days without internet, and no explanation other than "We're working on it."

How about working on a better system?

Cruised on the Riviera in the Mediterranean with major headaches. Internet was very slow and was constant source of frustration. Spoke to IT person onboard who said that the Free' Internet was the cause of the system being overloaded and additional improvents are under consideration. My advice, don't count on it!

We were on Riviera in August and had no problems.My husband learnt how to work found the delays on my iPad or the courtesy laptop.

Cruised on the Riviera in the Mediterranean with major headaches. Internet was very slow and was constant source of frustration. Spoke to IT person onboard who said that the Free' Internet was the cause of the system being overloaded and additional improvents are under consideration. My advice, don't count on it!

I believe both posters but find it interesting how different their respective experiences were on the same ship during essentially the same period :confused:

We realised after a day or two,that if the Internet was slow,you have to delete all your tabs in safari,then open a new one and the page for logging-in comes up straight away and connection is swift.After that we never had one problem at anytime logging in and getting connected.Same response time as home.

Anybody recently off Marina or Riviera sailed after June 30 2016 noticed any improvements since the announcement in May that all ships would be upgraded by the end of June.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Was on Riviera for cruise Aug 31-Oct 12, and had spent a lot of time in the internet centre. Asked the internet manager about the upgrade and he informed me that it has not been upgraded yet. He was only there a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon, so when he was around there would usually be a queue of people waiting to ask him questions and to help them with their connections.

The wifi connection service was slow if you are someone who spends a lot of time surfing, but for some others who sends the occasional email, they may not find it so frustrating.

I remembered it took me ages to log onto this discussion board from the Riviera. Also, the connection frequently broke down. In one or two ports, there was no internet at all until we left port. So, it was not the best experience as far as internet connection was concern.

Having said that, you will find that in the Riviera internet centre , there are a large number of computers with decent size screens, so you don't have to use your own computer/phone, etc. to get online if you do not wish to.