Private Airport Transport - Manhattan Cruise Terminal

nyfeds

It depends on what the Terror Alert is for that day.

slidermanhattancruise.jpg

The range varies from Level 2 (almost within the building) to across the street. I say Street, but 12th Avenue is an eight lane highway between 46th and 54th streets.

Signage is very clear, but you won't know where the cars are allowed "until the day".

Glad to hear that... the last time we left a ship in Manhattan we had to schlep across 12th Avenue and wait for cabs that did NOT want to stop. There were plenty who were free but they kept on going. My guess was that they assumed everyone was wanting a ride to a hotel that was 6 blocks away. Unfortunately for us, we were heading for Brooklyn! It seemed like forever but it probably wasn't that long. We DID get home.

It was always so easy when the cabs could come right up to the terminal.

I hope on October 18th we will experience what you did!

Mura

Glad to hear that... the last time we left a ship in Manhattan we had to schlep across 12th Avenue and wait for cabs that did NOT want to stop. There were plenty who were free but they kept on going. My guess was that they assumed everyone was wanting a ride to a hotel that was 6 blocks away. Unfortunately for us, we were heading for Brooklyn! It seemed like forever but it probably wasn't that long. We DID get home.

It was always so easy when the cabs could come right up to the terminal.

I hope on October 18th we will experience what you did!

Mura

Agree!!! We chose Dial 7 because we wanted to ensure transport and not deal with hailing down a cab. Getting across 12th Avenue is not something we want to do with luggage in tow. We won't be headed to a hotel. We'll be going to EWR. Hoping that we experience the very same as sitraveler. Hope it works out for you, too, Mura.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived in Manhattan in 2015, and once we crossed the big road (I assume 12th Ave.), we had a guy come up to us and ask if we wanted a taxi. We reluctantly said yes, and he walked us several blocks to his cab, but it was clean, the rate was reasonable (negotiated before we left with him), and he was quite nice. I realize we could have been taken, but with what we were seeing, it was worth the risk.

We arrived in Manhattan in 2015, and once we crossed the big road (I assume 12th Ave.), we had a guy come up to us and ask if we wanted a taxi. We reluctantly said yes, and he walked us several blocks to his cab, but it was clean, the rate was reasonable (negotiated before we left with him), and he was quite nice. I realize we could have been taken, but with what we were seeing, it was worth the risk.[/quote

We would never do something as risky as that. You were lucky you weren't taken for a ride!

When we arrived on Regatta, we were 1 of 3 ships. There must have been 5,000 + passengers.

On a previous voyage, only an R ship into NY harbor, we also had to cross 12th Ave to get a taxi.

My guess is that was the reason.

On arrival you really need a private pick up. Can sometimes be a real mess getting a cab.