Does Carnival decorate for Christmas

Luvcruisin76

We were on the Paradise in December last year. The atrium was decorated. One event I do remember was a Christmas carol sing along in the atrium, with the snow machines. It was really a nice experience.

Edited by NJ CRUISE

Carnival does a great job decorating for Christmas. Wreaths, trees, a mailbox to send letters to Santa... We had an ugly sweater contest, a carol singalong in the atrium and it even "snowed". There will be a list available soon of when the ships get decorated. I believe it's the week after Thanksgiving but don't remember for sure.

Hi Does Carnival decorate for Christmas in the month of December? Is there any special activities including santa or elves on board?

Here is a listing of what Carnival does:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3510

You'll enjoy the Christmas decorations and festivities, not to mention Christmas dinner. One thing I always enjoy when cruising Carnival over Christmas is seeing all the crew members' families onboard. You'll see them eating together and enjoying holiday time together. Another thing I enjoy is the elaborate Christmas village and gingerbread houses along the Promenade. You'll notice a lot of families and extended families cruising over Christmas.

Here is a listing of what you can expect for all holidays throughout the year:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1394/~/celebrating-holidays

Carnival ships are a great way to celebrate holidays.

Christmas cruise, SO DISAPPOINTING!!!

The decorations are there, but VERY MINIMAL. Based on my 2015 cruise Carnival Breeze, I'll never book another Christmas cruise again. It was like skipping Christmas altogether. There was a tree in the atrium, and a bit of garland in 1 hallway. There was a non-religious Christmas gathering on Christmas morning, attended by ~45 people. I was so disappointed to have paid double the normal cruise price, for a grinchlike experience.

If you are a lover of Christmas, don't cruise on Christmas. Honestly, what a tremendous letdown. The family remembers it as the year we didn't get to celebrate.

Hi Does Carnival decorate for Christmas in the month of December? Is there any special activities including santa or elves on board?

We were thinking of booking a holidays cruise for,this year. But once we found out they in fact decorate the ships we decided to do something else. I really wish these made up holidays would just go away. Such a shame.

Of course those who enjoy it, should continue to do so. As long as it makes them [emoji2]

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

Christmas cruise, SO DISAPPOINTING!!!

The decorations are there, but VERY MINIMAL. Based on my 2015 cruise Carnival Breeze, I'll never book another Christmas cruise again. It was like skipping Christmas altogether. There was a tree in the atrium, and a bit of garland in 1 hallway. There was a non-religious Christmas gathering on Christmas morning, attended by ~45 people. I was so disappointed to have paid double the normal cruise price, for a grinchlike experience.

If you are a lover of Christmas, don't cruise on Christmas. Honestly, what a tremendous letdown. The family remembers it as the year we didn't get to celebrate.

I am a lover of Christmas and have enjoyed both my Christmas cruises. But you go into it knowing that it's not home, not cold, and instead warm and tropical. The atrium as well as the promenade is always fully decorated - even to the point of snow one night. You can find something seasonal to do everyday.

We also amp it up by traveling with collapsible tinsel trees, elf socks (hung on the wall), a metal advent calendar, and gel cling Christmas lights for the mirror and window - all for our room and tropical and festive. For religious purposes, I take 3 purple and 1 pink tea light in a small glass holder to serve for advent prayers/lighting each night. When we were on board for Christmas we even took a suit case filled with small gifts and wrap and our spoiled rotten boys has a full celebration on board!

It's not a traditional Christmas but it can be a new and wonderful one filled with great memories - I will never forget enjoying room service juice, coffee, tea and pastries as our boys (my oldest was in his senior year in HS) worked their way through their gifts - totally delighted with everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is a listing of what Carnival does:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3510

You'll enjoy the Christmas decorations and festivities, not to mention Christmas dinner. One thing I always enjoy when cruising Carnival over Christmas is seeing all the crew members' families onboard. You'll see them eating together and enjoying holiday time together. Another thing I enjoy is the elaborate Christmas village and gingerbread houses along the Promenade. You'll notice a lot of families and extended families cruising over Christmas.

Here is a listing of what you can expect for all holidays throughout the year:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1394/~/celebrating-holidays

Carnival ships are a great way to celebrate holidays.

This doesnt happen to give dates. It shows dates for some of the events like christmas eve or christmas day. any clue on if this is all december or just the week of christmas or what? we are sailing on the sunshine dec 17-23

We cruised on the Splendor last year, Dec 1-8 approx. The ships are decorated right after American Thanksgiving. John Heald posted a schedule showing when each individual ship would be decorated, all within the span of a week or so. In the atrium lobby, we had carol singing one night, "snow" falling, Grinch wandering the ship, etc. It was fun.

The ports of call are decorated too. It's kind of odd to be wearing tshirts and shorts and swimsuits, and seeing a Christmas tree!

We cruised on the Splendor last year, Dec 1-8 approx. The ships are decorated right after American Thanksgiving. John Heald posted a schedule showing when each individual ship would be decorated, all within the span of a week or so. In the atrium lobby, we had carol singing one night, "snow" falling, Grinch wandering the ship, etc. It was fun.

The ports of call are decorated too. It's kind of odd to be wearing tshirts and shorts and swimsuits, and seeing a Christmas tree!

We cruise The Breeze Dec 3-10 so it should be decorated?

This doesnt happen to give dates. It shows dates for some of the events like christmas eve or christmas day. any clue on if this is all december or just the week of christmas or what? we are sailing on the sunshine dec 17-23

It's going to vary from ship to ship but on your cruise things should be in full Christmas mode and you will have most if not all the Christmas events.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot to say... When we sailed on Breeze, we inquired about why the ship was hardly decorated except for the atrium tree. The staff said it was because they couldn't celebrate Christmas, as it would show favoritism toward a single religion.

The "non-denominational" service on Christmas morning was pleasant, short, not really religious. We sang a song, and a violinist performed. Then the cruise director read us an article about a child's interview with Santa, and Santa mentioned a "higher power" at the very end. It was non-religious, in keeping with their theme of not offending anyone.

I felt like I had skipped Christmas.

I will definitely cruise again, just not on Christmas day.

Today per John Heald..

CHRISTMAS DECORATING SCHEDULE

Carnival Fantasy November 18th

Carnival Ecstasy November 22nd

Carnival Sensation November 16th

Carnival Imagination November 19th

Carnival Fascination November 19th

Carnival Inspiration November 17th

Carnival Elation November 27th

Carnival Paradise November 20th

Carnival Sunshine November 26th

Carnival Triumph November 20th