LAX Parking Question

Bruin Steve

This one may sound a bit strange coming from me, but I've just never parked much at LAX...

Usually, when I'm flying out of LAX, I'm cruising somewhere and going for a longer period of time...so it always makes sense to get a shuttle, limo, or, lately, an Uber to and from LAX. When I'm on a shorter trip, it's usually out of Burbank--so I know the parking options there pretty well.

Well, later today, we are flying out of LAX to go to Portland to visit our daughter...then coming home on Sunday night...If we Uber to LAX, it would be around $38 each way (doubt I hit surge pricing, but who knows?)...If we take a shared shuttle, it's typically around $55 each way for the two of us...

So, we will likely just drive...

Yes, we could drive to Van Nuys and use the "Flyaway" bus...But that would be $9.75 pp each way plus $4 per day parking for 4 days at Van Nuys...so, a total of $55 including the $4 per day parking charge...

So, I was looking for just long term parking at LAX. Last time we did that, we used the Parking Spot on Sepulveda--but I had a Free 3 Day certificate which brought my total cost way down. I looked on-line...and it says their "Rooftop Parking" (around $15 per day) is full, so the rate would be over $20 per day (I did find a 25% off coupon for them, but, still, that would be around $60+).

I know there's the LAX "Lot C" for $12 per day--so a total of $48...But, of course, that lot tends to be a difficult place as it is massive...But, as of now, that is our likely choice...

So, here is the question: Any other options anyone would recommend for parking at LAX for 4 days?

Wish I could help.

We do The Spot or the Flyaway when leaving from the north Valley. Did you check the other Spot lot?

ETA- vaguely remember some of the hotels offer offsite parking.

Too bad you don't like LA transportation. (Know it's not easy from where you are) Red line to Union Station. Flyaway to Airport.

Edited by SadieN

Too bad you don't like LA transportation. (Know it's not easy from where you are) Red line to Union Station. Flyaway to Airport.

Parking at the Red Line- North Hollywood station is a max of 3 days parking. And in a few months, there will be a $3 charge/24 hour period, max of 3 days.

I know you've already landed at PDX, so you found a way to park.

When I used to live in the LAX area, I'd park in Lot C. Yeah, it's huge, but I always marked down my locator and always found my way back. Later, when The Parking Spot became sooo close to In & Out Burger, that enticed me once in awhile.

The last time we parked in Lot C was, well, the last time. We waited at the second to last spot for pickup. The bus was full so they passed us by. And again. And again. After 40 minutes and about 50 people waiting I got the supervisor's number and called them. I told her if it would make her happy each and every person waiting for the Lot C bus to pick them up would be happy to call her every minute until we get picked up. You could hear the people in the back ground cheering me on. Within 5 minutes we all of a sudden had an empty bus. There was so much camaraderie by this point the driver didn't get why everyone acted like they knew each other. We were smashed against each other with bags around everyone and we made everyone that had been waiting get on that bus and we were laughing like old friends. When he found out the time we had been waiting he was appalled.

I will never again park in Lot C. It almost took us longer to get from the plane to the lot and out of it then it took for the flight from Seattle.

The last time we parked in Lot C was, well, the last time. We waited at the second to last spot for pickup. The bus was full so they passed us by. And again. And again. After 40 minutes and about 50 people waiting I got the supervisor's number and called them. I told her if it would make her happy each and every person waiting for the Lot C bus to pick them up would be happy to call her every minute until we get picked up. You could hear the people in the back ground cheering me on. Within 5 minutes we all of a sudden had an empty bus. There was so much camaraderie by this point the driver didn't get why everyone acted like they knew each other. We were smashed against each other with bags around everyone and we made everyone that had been waiting get on that bus and we were laughing like old friends. When he found out the time we had been waiting he was appalled.

I will never again park in Lot C. It almost took us longer to get from the plane to the lot and out of it then it took for the flight from Seattle.

Have many fond (lol) memories of schlepping luggage from T7 to T1 thru the parking lots to catch various shuttles at LAX.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums