Roundtrip versus two one ways

bUU

With as much as I have flown in my lifetime I think I should know this but I have been avoiding flying so much for the last 20 years that I am no longer sure I know how this works...

Is there still any real significant discount associated with round trip itineraries? I'm especially talking about a w class ticket on Delta.

I suppose it could matter because if there's no benefit then I might as well start looking to buy the outbound 330 days prior rather than waiting for 330 days before the return.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Usually, only with international itineraries. Price it out both ways and compare.
Well that's just it: Pricing it out both ways means waiting until 330 days prior to the return.

You have to wait until the 330 day mark to price either the round trip or the one way return. Today DL will let you purchase no further out than March 12, 2018. You can't buy a round trip ticket with a return beyond March 12. You can't purchase a one way beyond March 12. You can get a feel for the difference by plugging in dates from this year, but as in the stock market, the past does not predict the future. But there are trends.

I often book two one ways, and I did for my upcoming cruise in June. Sometimes one leg is really high and one is not. I book the cheap leg when I can and wait a bit and shop around for the other. Often I book on different airlines depending on who has the best itineraries and prices. We are flying Atl to Yvr on delta but returning on American

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well that's just it: Pricing it out both ways means waiting until 330 days prior to the return.

I'm not worrying about the lowest fare buckets disappearing in the first 2 weeks. Award seats, if released then, perhaps, but not revenue seats at 330 days.