Flights from Toronto

mysisterandl

Newark/EWR is the most convenient airport for Bayonne - and if you will be staying in downtown Toronto, you might want to look at flying out of Toronto City Airport/YTZ on Porter, instead of Pearson/YYZ.

No l will be coming from Orrangville and that is the Airport where l fly in and the shuttle goes to

I'm not seeing any airport in Orangeville. Are you planning to try to fly in on the morning of the cruise or the day before? Day before is very strongly recommended. If you take the risk of flying in the day of the cruise, you MUST fly into Newark.

It is very expensive ($100-120) to get a car service from JFK or LGA to Cape Liberty or Newark. It is also pricey for transportation from a Newark Airport hotel to Cape Liberty - $55-65. It looks like flights to LaGuardia are less expensive, but not when you look at the total cost because car service expenses eat up much of the savings.

My suggestion would be to fly into Newark the day before. Use the Cape Liberty package offered by trinityresevations.com for the Ramada Plaza - $185 tax included for a room and round trip port transportation to Cape Liberty for up to 4 people. I have used this package and recommend it.

Remember the prime objective is to not miss the ship - Bermuda is 2 days away. For a 5 pm sail, you MUST be checked in by 3:30 pm.

Newark/EWR is the most convenient airport for Bayonne - and if you will be staying in downtown Toronto, you might want to look at flying out of Toronto City Airport/YTZ on Porter, instead of Pearson/YYZ.

I'll second both Newark/EWR and Porter but since you are coming in from Orangeville you will have to miss the Porter experience. There are lots of flights and airlines that fly the T.O. Pearson to Newark route.

I'll second both Newark/EWR and Porter but since you are coming in from Orangeville you will have to miss the Porter experience. There are lots of flights and airlines that fly the T.O. Pearson to Newark route.

So do you think l should fly the day before and book a hotel and what is the best way then to get to the Cruise port travelling myself looking at flights as l will be leaving from Toronto airport, but trying to work out the best way to get to the Cruise ship and the cheapest hotel to stay in Any cruise members staying in any hotel in Newark and getting a shuttle to cruise port

So do you think l should fly the day before and book a hotel and what is the best way then to get to the Cruise port travelling myself looking at flights as l will be leaving from Toronto airport, but trying to work out the best way to get to the Cruise ship and the cheapest hotel to stay in Any cruise members staying in any hotel in Newark and getting a shuttle to cruise port

Hi there,

What time of year and what day of the week is your cruise?There are lots of weekday flights to go on. I regularly flew to New York, intoNewark, or LaGuardia for day-long meetings. Flew in on the 6am flights and backin the evening. If I happened to miss a flight either way there were lots ofother flights to catch. I'm not sure about the number of flights on theweekends. I'm sure flying in the day before would be safer, particularly in thewinter, but I can't help you with the cheap hotels and shuttle from Newark.Have you tried the Ports of Call boards? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Flying to EWR is same-day is fairly low-risk if you book the first available flight, but not zero-risk, especially in the winter but also other times.

Work back to your departure time from Orangeville to allow for contingencies, (and remember you preclear US CBP at YYZ)- maybe 2 AM? That's going to make for a very long day, you'll be exhausted the first part of your cruise.

Flying day before will increase your costs and require some planning but will make a far better vacation.

Hi there,

What time of year and what day of the week is your cruise?There are lots of weekday flights to go on. I regularly flew to New York, intoNewark, or LaGuardia for day-long meetings. Flew in on the 6am flights and backin the evening. If I happened to miss a flight either way there were lots ofother flights to catch. I'm not sure about the number of flights on theweekends. I'm sure flying in the day before would be safer, particularly in thewinter, but I can't help you with the cheap hotels and shuttle from Newark.Have you tried the Ports of Call boards?http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

I have decided to fly the day before the Cruise, Haven,t booked Hotel yet will have to find out how to get to the Cruise port thanks for all your replys