using MyCruise Rewards Points?

ondeckatsea

Has anyone else had any problems redeeming their Celebrity Visa CruiseRewards credits or is it just me? I've been on the phone for quite some time trying to have them put the credits (over $400 worth ($40,000 points) which I'd like to use as a credit on my shipboard account and to use for tours along with the cruise credits from the ship. The Captain's Club rep. seems to be a really nice person but is claiming computer problems. The cruise is a month away. I have a life and can't sit here all day.

Has anyone else had any problems redeeming their Celebrity Visa CruiseRewards credits or is it just me? I've been on the phone for quite some time trying to have them put the credits (over $400 worth ($40,000 points) which I'd like to use as a credit on my shipboard account and to use for tours along with the cruise credits from the ship. The Captain's Club rep. seems to be a really nice person but is claiming computer problems. The cruise is a month away. I have a life and can't sit here all day.

You shouldnt be talking to Captains Club. Contact Bank Of America Directly...

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Steve

I never said she was lying, I said she seemed like a very nice person. What I am asking here is if anyone has had any difficulty getting these credits. I certainly will check tomorrow and until I get what I am entitled to.

You can also redeem them on line. That's the way I do it.

Go to the Celebrity Home Page.

On the bottom left, see the Celebrity Visa credit card logo. Click on it, even though it says "apply now" and you already have it.

On the next page, below all the ads for the two types of credit cards, under "Already a Cardholder" you will see "redeem MyCruise Points"

Click on that and you are taken to the redemption site. Sign in there and follow the steps to redeem your points.

Be sure to print out the page showing you have done this, and take it on board with you, just in case.

Thank you Cruisestitch! I will do that tomorrow.

That is what I was instructed to do. Captain's Club has nothing to do with your Visa. I hope to use mine in 2017 as I have enough OBC for 2016 cruises. I talked to Bank of America and that is what they instructed me to do. Glad it works Cruisestitch.

Thank you Cruisestitch! I will do that tomorrow.

When you redeem it be sure to put your reservation (booking) number in the comments field as there is nothing that is clear in the redemption process that will tie the OBC to a specific sailing.

Steve

"Captain's Club has nothing to do with your Visa."

Actually, that's not correct. One of the ways to redeem points is through Captain's Club, talking to one of their representatives. But when the office is closed, I do it by going to the website.

Here's something you might not be aware of. You have a couple of different options for redeeming points. One is to get OBC on your SeaPass account on your cruise. But you can also get the money as a credit on your card statement, but here's the catch, you can only do this after Final Payment. You choose the option to get a fare reduction, but since you have already made final payment, it goes back as a credit on your next statement. Sometimes that is more useful than OBC. Other times the OBC option is the best choice.

We've been going through Cap Club ever since they changed the rewards program.....much easier than when we had to go through BOA

doing it by calling Cap Club is a quick, seamless transaction.

online sounds a bit risky due to Celeb's frequent website woes!

Actually, the arrangements are not done on a Celebrity-controlled website. You leave Celebrity and enter BOA-controlled territory. Much more reliable.

But I agree, if you want to do the redemption at a time Captain's Club is open, that way definitely works. I seem to always be on line at times when their office is closed.

For the second day I've been told that all redemption services are down because BOA Visa is off-line for this service. I'm to call back in a week. They must have the same internet web designer (or whatever you call him/her) that the Celebrity page has. Sooner or later I will get through to them but it shouldn't be like this.

Tried to do this myself as instructed by fellow cruisecritic friends and got as far as the "open up online banking" instructions which I don't need or want. I'm not going to worry about it or get more grey hairs but this absolutely shouldn't happen. One week before they are up and running? Good thing the cruise isn't until Oct 2.

You can also redeem them on line. That's the way I do it.

Go to the Celebrity Home Page.

On the bottom left, see the Celebrity Visa credit card logo. Click on it, even though it says "apply now" and you already have it.

On the next page, below all the ads for the two types of credit cards, under "Already a Cardholder" you will see "redeem MyCruise Points"

Click on that and you are taken to the redemption site. Sign in there and follow the steps to redeem your points.

Be sure to print out the page showing you have done this, and take it on board with you, just in case.

Good advice. Worked seamlessly for me for my Alaska cruise a few weeks ago. The OBC showed up on the first sea day (day 2) of the cruise.

"got as far as the "open up online banking" instructions which I don't need or want"

I'm not sure how you got to that.

I just did a dummy redemption and never saw that.

Again, go to the picture of the credit card on the Celebrity home page (bottom right)

Click on it.

You are taken to another site, run by BOA. You do have to sign onto that site, using your BOA password.

Then you can manage your rewards.

The fact that you got to some other part of the BOA website does imply that they might have been working on the part where you manage rewards, but as of a few minutes ago, it's all up and running.

Edited by cruisestitch

"got as far as the "open up online banking" instructions which I don't need or want"

I'm not sure how you got to that.

I just did a dummy redemption and never saw that.

Again, go to the picture of the credit card on the Celebrity home page (bottom right)

Click on it.

You are taken to another site, run by BOA. You do have to sign onto that site, using your BOA password.

Then you can manage your rewards.

The fact that you got to some other part of the BOA website does imply that they might have been working on the part where you manage rewards, but as of a few minutes ago, it's all up and running.

It sounds like the OP doesn't have their online account set up on BOA.

I used the info posted last night to set up our OBC. Just a matter of using the Celebrity website as a "gateway" to the BOA site. Log in from there and just follow the steps. Worked like a charm and within a couple of hours I had the confirmation e-mail and printed it out. :D

I just got a call from the Celebrity Captains Club rep who works with Visa. We are all set up and the confirmation will be coming to us shortly. She doesn't work for BOA Visa but works with them on these credit things. BOA Visa is going to be offline for about a week. As far as I know I never had online banking with them, if I did I sure never used it. I'm not crazy about online banking. I'm from the old school and while I love the internet I don't totally trust putting my banking accounts on it. Too many hackers out there in cyberland.

Thanks to all of you for your help and support. Cruisecritic people are the best.