rules for classic beverage package

eandj

Yes we both have the package. I was just thinking with not much of a discount on bottles, and because we enjoy wine predinner in the room, that it would be nice to bring a couple glasses to the room to have for later. We usually bring a couple favorites on board and then buy a couple bottles for the room. But if the glassed wine menu is acceptable, can't see not using the package "perk".

Edited by eandj

Yes we both have the package. I was just thinking with not much of a discount on bottles, and because we enjoy wine predinner in the room, that it would be nice to bring a couple glasses to the room to have for later. We usually bring a couple favorites on board and then buy a couple bottles for the room. But if the glassed wine menu is acceptable, can't see not using the package "perk".

Last year, we were able to take both cards with the embossed package (classic) information to the bar and get a drink for both of us. We did this both within eyesight and while the other was getting ready in the room. We had no trouble. That is about 10 months ago.

Officially the rule is one drink per card. You will find bartenders that in practice will allow multiples, such as an alcoholic beverage and a bottle of water or a coffee and a bottle of water. You'd have to present both cards and then probably move on to another bar/tender and repeat the process if you want two each for the room.

Make friends with your bartender.

Can DH or I buy two glasses of wine at a time so I could take one to have in the room?

If you're asking if you can get two classes of wine per card at the same time, the answer is no. If you are asking if one person can show two cards and get two glasses, yes.

DW and I will often stop at a bar in late afternoon (on our way back to our cabin) and get a couple of glasses of wine to enjoy on our cabin balcony. Its not a problem. We even found a very friendly bar tender who would always grant our request for a very "heavy pour" so we had more to enjoy.

Hank

Can DH or I buy two glasses of wine at a time so I could take one to have in the room?

one drink per package at a time. to get around this you'd have to visit multiple bars in succession.

one person can get multiple drinks at once IF they have all the cards of the individuals with a package

I am curious as to whether you can order a "double" on the rocks with the classic package. I had the equivalent of the classic package on Royal Caribbean recently, & most bartenders would only serve a single.

It's funny, but prior to the popularity of the drink package, when I ordered a drink, they would always ask if I wanted a double; now it's frowned upon.:rolleyes:

we always took a bottle of champagne for sailaway,but since we have the package this time we won't. However, looks like we'll be taking a single glass each on to the balcony this time. I'll probably drink it before I get to the cabin.

Edited by mafig

I could not find which class ship you are sailing on, M or S.

Our last two have been on the Reflection and Equinox, and the nice thing is that no matter where your cabin location is, ie: which deck, you are never far from a bar!:D

We would each grab a drink, then go to the cabin, I let the wifester in so she could get the shower first. I would then take both cards and go fetch a couple more. Upon my return she would be drying off and I would take my turn. Then we both could sit and enjoy a glass together as we listened to the quiet swoosh of the waves from our balcony.

Or I could go fetch yet another quickly if needed.:D

EW

I am curious as to whether you can order a "double" on the rocks with the classic package. I had the equivalent of the classic package on Royal Caribbean recently, & most bartenders would only serve a single.

It's funny, but prior to the popularity of the drink package, when I ordered a drink, they would always ask if I wanted a double; now it's frowned upon.:rolleyes:

Technically, No! And that is definitely true with the Classic Package because of the specified maximum cost per drink ( a double exceeds this price).

Hank

We would each grab a drink, then go to the cabin, I let the wifester in so she could get the shower first. I would then take both cards and go fetch a couple more. Upon my return she would be drying off and I would take my turn. Then we both could sit and enjoy a glass together as we listened to the quiet swoosh of the waves from our balcony.

Or I could go fetch yet another quickly if needed.:D

EW

Yep, Dh has suggested that he will handle my in-room wine needs as you did. Happy wife, happy life:D

Actually he said he's packing a funnel. "Huh"? He says that when I finish my favorite carry on bottle of wine, he's going to keep it filled with whatever I choose as the wine of choice. Now THAT's thinking, honey.;)

Actually makes me sound like I have a "problem".:p

Edited by eandj

Yep, Dh has suggested that he will handle my in-room wine needs as you did. Happy wife, happy life:D

Actually he said he's packing a funnel. "Huh"? He says that when I finish my favorite carry on bottle of wine, he's going to keep it filled with whatever I choose as the wine of choice. Now THAT's thinking, honey.;)

Actually makes me sound like I have a "problem".:p

Does he read CC too?:eek: I posted about taking a funnel and doing the exact thing about a year ago on another thread! LOL!

EW

Silly question about the package but I have to ask...

Is there a limit to how many drinks you get in general? Or per day?

How exactly does this work?

Thanks!!!

officially no. however they DO track and they do reserve the right to cut anyone off for overindulging/being disruptive.

while it is theoretically possible to hit every bar on the ship in succession and 'stock up' it is equally possible they will assume that you are abusing the package by providing drinks to others and deny you after you do this a couple of times. plus.. how do you plan on carrying more than 2 glasses?!

I did do a naughty one night. My mum was unwell and needed plenty of water....SO i went to my favourite bar person with an empty bag.

I got back to my room with 4 bottles of water for mum, and 4 cans of diet coke and a chocolate Igloo for me in one trip. Most of the time when this bar person served us, we managed to get a glass of wine and a can of coke or bottle of water at the same time. It is RARE for this to happen, BUT if you develop a good relationship with a particular server, then it might be worth asking. You don't know if you don't ask right? (by the way, had my mum not been poorly, i would never of requested quite as much liquid in one visit...lol (and at least it was non alcoholic he he he :D:D:p) lol :D:p:)