B2B questions re: Princess

Gallivanting Souls

We will be doing our 1st B2b. (12 days bought as 2 @ 6 days). Sailing on Caribbean Princess. My question is mostly on settling up the bill. Since it is booked as two cruises I am guessing that the bill is settled at the end of each leg? What I am really wanting to hear about is pictures. I am hoping that we can wait until the end of the last leg to buy all pictures we might want so that we can choose the best (if any we like).

Do any of you most experienced cruisers have experience with this?

As long as your bookings are linked your bill will be transferred from your first cruise to your next. Even if they aren't, a stop by the Passenger Services Desk will make sure this happens.

Can't help you with the photo question though. I do know it is standard practice that all unpurchased photos are destroyed after each cruise is complete. I suspect that a stop at the photo desk will essentially get what you want. Just ask them to hold the photos you may want until the end of the next segment where you can make your final decisions.

You'll get one cruise card for the two voyages (even though backed as a B2B).

The coffee card can be requested for the 12 day cruise not 2 5 day ones.

You have to disembark after the first 6 day until the ship is zero'd out. Then be the first to scoreboard the ship.You'll pass thru customs/immigration after the first cruise.

You won't have attend muster drill for the second cruise unless you want to.

Edited by Kamloops50

All I know is that we were on a B2B with 2 other couples they had to change rooms at the end of the first leg and were told they had to attend the muster drill we stayed in the same cabin and did not have to attend. that was a year ago.

All I know is that we were on a B2B with 2 other couples they had to change rooms at the end of the first leg and were told they had to attend the muster drill we stayed in the same cabin and did not have to attend. that was a year ago.

So, as always, things vary from ship to ship. In our situation, which was a year ago as well, I booked the first leg of the cruise. Later we decided to do the second leg and my wife booked that leg. We stopped by the passenger services desk when we re-boarded for the second leg and asked about the muster drill. We were told no problem, we were shown as B2B passengers and could skip the second drill. :D

YMMV

Edited by ar1950

Isn't the price for a Coffee Card the same regardless of the length of the cruise?

How do you request a card for 12 days and not 2 6 day cruises when purchased at the start of your cruises? How is the card marked differently?

Isn't the price for a Coffee Card the same regardless of the length of the cruise?

How do you request a card for 12 days and not 2 6 day cruises when purchased at the start of your cruises? How is the card marked differently?

The punches on the card are good for future cruises, but the fresh-brewed coffee a card holder is entitled to is good only for the cruise it was purchased for.

So if you can buy the card for a 12-day cruise, you can get brewed coffee for 12 days.

Jim

They will mark the card with the ships name only . The voyage number will be missed.

My last cruise was a 20 day cruise (b2b 10 day cruises) booked as one cruise (voyage #1508A). When I purchased the coffee card they said it was good for the entire 20 day cruise.

On the first day I used it the person behind the counter took it and marked it with Voyage #1508. I told them I was on a 20 day cruise and took the pen he used and added an 'A' so that it read #1508A.

On the second leg of the cruise there were times where they would not serve me because they said it expired at the end of the first leg. I just waited till someone else was behind the counter and tried again. Were they correct or should I have went to someone else? I didn't want to make anyone mad at me. In fact on the first leg I made sure to call the IC Staff by name and made a point to say Good Morning each day.

On the first leg we purchased a pop sticker for our card. We stayed in the same cabin for the second leg and did not get a new card. On the second leg we were never questioned or told that we needed a new pop sticker even when the sticker color changes each time. I do realize we should have purchased a new sticker for the second leg but I think Princess broke even considering we were charged for a bottle of wine we never ordered or received.

I'm going to wear my safety hat and ask why not use the second muster on a B2B as a chance to use the alternate route to your muster station? Having held fire drills on shore when people can't use their "regular" route they tend to get panicked (to the point they were going over obstacles to get out of the building) and it certainly slowed down the evacuation time.

I will be going on B2B cruises in February. I will be platinum on the first cruise and elite on the second cruise. I assume I will be getting a new card for the second cruise. Will I have to attend the second muster drill? Where and when will I get the new card for the second cruise?

Thanks.

I will be going on B2B cruises in February. I will be platinum on the first cruise and elite on the second cruise. I assume I will be getting a new card for the second cruise. Will I have to attend the second muster drill? Where and when will I get the new card for the second cruise?

Thanks.

When you first board (assuming you will be in the same cabin for both segments) you will be given a ruby card good for both segments.

During the first segment, speak with the Captain's Circle rep to make sure you will receive a new card and the Platinum benefits for the second segment. It can fall through the cracks since until the computers are updated after the end of the first segment, the system will not know you are platinum for the second segment.

If it does not occur, speak with the Captain's Circle rep again at the start of the second segment to arrange for the new card and its benefits.