RCI vs PRINCESS

We are confirmed Princess customers but in researching Med cruises for next year, have noticed a substantial difference in price between Princess and RCI, based on similar itineraries. Any thoughts on why we should take

RCI other than price? Thanks.

We are RCI cruisers who occasionally try other lines, and we felt that Princess provides an equivalent cruising experience to RCI. There are things we preferred on each cruiseline, but it all balanced out.

I would ask you which RCI ship you are considering, because there is a big difference between the different classes of ship. And, which Princess ship are you comparing it to.

Princess used to be our favorite cruise line, until we sailed on Royal the first time. I think that you will be very happy with Royal on many levels. I agree with DonnaK...they are equivalent in many ways, and it does depend on ship vs ship.

We have sailed both and have enjoyed them both for what each offer. I do feel Princess has some great itineraries however lately have found them much higher on similar cruises with Royal.so have stayed with Royal. I would not hesitate to cruise Princess again if I found a good price. My one complaint with Princess is the size of their rooms compared to Royal being smaller. Royal will list their room and balcony sizes separately while Princess combines then.

We have done only one Princess cruise and we found it very similar to RCI. One thing that brings us back to RCI is the diamond, diamond+ & pinnacle perks, especially access to the diamond & concierge lounges.

The diamond & concierge lounges are a perk unexcelled by any other mainstream cruise line. We miss them greatly when we sail on other lines.

We are RCI cruisers who occasionally try other lines, and we felt that Princess provides an equivalent cruising experience to RCI. There are things we preferred on each cruiseline, but it all balanced out.

I would ask you which RCI ship you are considering, because there is a big difference between the different classes of ship. And, which Princess ship are you comparing it to.

Thanks for all your responses. The ship we are focused on is VIsion of the Seas.

Thanks for all your responses. The ship we are focused on is VIsion of the Seas.

Vision is a older ship , but we did Brilliance last year for Med and since you spend so much time off ship it doesn't matter that much , as for Princess we liked some of the ships better than others also, which Princess ship and how much difference is the price?

Vision is a small, older ship. If you are comparing it to Princess, compare it to one of their smaller ships.

Even though you don't spend as much time onboard for Med. itineraries, I still like a larger ship with more amenities and better entertainment, so I would probably choose a different cruise.