Live from the Royal Princess, Jan 19th-28th

lor74

You must see my friend Allan Rich's show. I met him last November on an amazing Crystal cruise to Tahiti. We've become friends and he took me to some pre-Oscar and Golden Globes events last week. Awesome!!!! Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a great start...total chaos waiting to get into the terminal. For starters they are checking in 200 at risk children, so that is delaying us...we have been standing for an hour...this is the scene outside:4aa6a632b71a775f53b1f5b39138fdb2.jpg

c92f8435c901b485ce9da59f2810e247.jpg

We got off the NCL Sky around 9am and called a Lyft to take us to Port Everglades. We got in line at a point where there was still 2 distinct rows for regular & preferred guests. We were informed that a large group of children needed to be checked in first. After at least an hour of standing around, we finally starred to move forward. By then the line had wrapped around into the parking lot. Once inside, it only took a few minutes to get our cards and walk on to the ship. On our previous Regal cruises our first stop would be Alfredo's. On this ship they do not open until 12:30pm on embarkation days. We walked up to the buffet and had lunch. So far there is no lamb...I am safe for at least one day (see Regal blogs [emoji207]). We both made large salads and tried some misc items. I followed this with a slice of pizza....there is no shortage of food on this ship! It was still quite early so we relaxed by the pool before seeing if the cabin was ready.

We went down at 12:45pm and found our room. We are staying in cabin E226. It is a standard, completely unobstructed balcony. I do not fully remember, but I think this cabin was in the obstructed category. I remember doing research before I chose it. For the record, it is completely unobstructed. Cabin E228 is where the obstruction starts. They do have a full view out, but there is platform with 2 poles right in front of their balcony. The tender obstructions start with Cabin E230. Our cabin has a connecting door to E224.

We changed into our bathing suits which we had in our carry-on, and went back to the pool. Emerald is deck 8, and Lido is 16. There are 151 steps between floors....I will be getting my steps in on this voyage! The pool on the Regal was always an ice bath so I was pleasantly surprised to find warmer water here. There was a Mumford & Sons concert playing on MUTS when we first boarded, a Pink concert was starting now.....it would not be an embarkation day on a Princess ship without seeing a Pink concert! I did 100 laps while watching. It was the hottest day of our trip so far, and I got some good colour while swimming. Back to the cabin where the bags were waiting. We unpacked and headed to Club 6 for muster. It was very nice to be back in the civilized world and not the Stone Age muster that we had on the Sky! We were the first ship to leave port at 4pm, and I watched from my balcony. I don't know if someone had missed the ship, but the pilot came back to us for some sort of drop off after we had already made it into open water. I then decided to take care of all my errands. On previous ships I was able to change to Elite mini bar for a single coffee card and 10 items. The room service guy told me that is not allowed on this ship. I went down to the captain's circle desk to inquire. She came back with the same answer, that it should be the same rule on every ship. I ended up swapping some of the individual items. I then made my future cruise deposit, checked the scotch selection for a friend, and the price of Ro's Perfume. Even with the 20% discount, it is still cheaper to get it online.

We went to the buffet for dinner. I started with a fortified broth tortellini spinach soup....omg, the tortellinis were so good...was not expecting that! I made a large salad...I cannot say enough good things about the veg, seed, & nut selection on this class of ship. My main plate had a sampling of pasta, veal, noodles, potatoes, and a couple of spring rolls. After eating we went to see the welcome aboard show. The singers/dancers did a short intro, then the CD Ron Goodman talked a lot about the ship and what is going on. The comedian Eric Lyden closed the show. Next we walked around and went to the Effy raffle....no luck this time around. The last stop before calling it a night was back to the buffet dessert and coffee. Cake, cookies, ice cream....I am going to put on so much weight [emoji33]

This morning Ro went down to the IC and brought me back a coffee & donut....I luv these donuts!!!

We are at sea the next 2 days on our way to Aruba. I will post here n there and am happy to answer any questions. I got used to the unlimited internet I had on the Sky. When I first signed into my free loyalty minutes yesterday, I forgot to logout. Twenty minutes wasted...could have been worse!

We went down at 12:45pm and found our room. We are staying in cabin E226. It is a standard, completely unobstructed balcony. I do not fully remember, but I think this cabin was in the obstructed category. I remember doing research before I chose it. For the record, it is completely unobstructed. Cabin E228 is where the obstruction starts. They do have a full view out, but there is platform with 2 poles right in front of their balcony. The tender obstructions start with Cabin E230. Our cabin has a connecting door to E224.

Good morning. We've just booked E227, which apparently is a connecting room. Just curious where the connecting door is and do you loose anything in the room because of the connecting door? it would be great if you could post pictures of your room, thanks :)

Thank you so much for posting all this. I've just noticed on the 'Princess Patter' that Christina Bianco is performing on your cruise this week. If you can make sure you catch her show. She's just incredible and has just finished a sell out Christmas residency in London's West End!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Good morning. We've just booked E227, which apparently is a connecting room. Just curious where the connecting door is and do you loose anything in the room because of the connecting door? it would be great if you could post pictures of your room, thanks :)

If I recall (maybe it was another ship) the adjoining door took the place of a full length mirror.

Not really awake yet, my first thought was that it was time to eat again...no no no...need to exercise first. 151 steps up, and into the pool I go. It is all mine and the water is warm. 50 more laps in the books. 151 steps back to the room to change. 151 steps up, time to eat. For the first time on this vacation, no eggs or bacon on my plate. I had a banana which I cut up and mixed with some seeds & nuts, some potatoes, a buttery croissant, and an awesome cinnamon bun. Now I am relaxing by the pool. Pete's dragon is on MUTS. I am almost finished the latest Lee Child book that I started yesterday. The wifi keeps disconnecting in this area.

The connecting door does not take up any space. There is a door stopper sticking out of the wall. Neither one of us has kicked it yet. Please excuse all of our stuff in the photos...i forgot to take them when we first arrived.