Crown & Anchor and Captains Club

Hi hope someone can help. I mainly cruise with X and RCI, I am Emerald with RCI and have just moved to a Elite with X. I was under the impression that points on one counted as points on the other so that either my last cruise with X and next cruise with Royal would move me to Diamond status but have been told that's not the case. :confused:

Are they right, bit disappointed if so.

Thanks

Pat

Hi hope someone can help. I mainly cruise with X and RCI, I am Emerald with RCI and have just moved to a Elite with X. I was under the impression that points on one counted as points on the other so that either my last cruise with X and next cruise with Royal would move me to Diamond status but have been told that's not the case. :confused:

Thanks

Pat

Hello Pat.

You do not earn points on the other line ie X points will not count towards Royal.

BUT your Elite status should transfer across to Royal and make you diamond.

Raina

We are Elite with Celebrity and we are sailing on Allure in October and we have received Diamond status with RCI. You will also be able to receive reciprocal status with Celebrity with your RCI level. Enjoy your cruise!

I don't believe you automatically receive Diamond status. You have to contact Crown and Anchor Society to receive the reciprocal status. Their phone number is 1-800-526-9723. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks

Pat

Pat - you should receive reciprocal Diamond status on RCCL because of the Elite status on Celebrity . Points are not added together.

Your C&A page will (at some point) hopefully list you as diamond but will have your actual ( emerald) RCCL points, so there is a slight disconnect between your points and your status. When I first sailed Celebrity I was Elite with just a few points (Actually it was credits back then) .

I suggest you not leave it up to RCCL IT to get the status correct and that you give RCCL C&A a call to make sure the status is changed to reflect the reciprocity .

enjoy

M

Could I just jump in here with a related query. So say we are Elite with X and are about to do our first sailing with Royal. We will get reciprocal Diamond membership with Crown and Anchor. So far all good!

But once we complete the cruise we will be awarded RCI cruise points. Will those points be allocated against our 'Diamond' C&A status, or will they start from zero? So we would still be some RCI sailings away from upgrading to D+.

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could I just jump in here with a related query. So say we are Elite with X and are about to do our first sailing with Royal. We will get reciprocal Diamond membership with Crown and Anchor. So far all good!

But once we complete the cruise we will be awarded RCI cruise points. Will those points be allocated against our 'Diamond' C&A status, or will they start from zero? So we would still be some RCI sailings away from upgrading to D+.

Many thanks!

Hi,

After the cruise, your C&A will say ie "14 points - Diamond level".

To get to Diamond Plus you would have to earn another 161 points on Royal.

Basically the highest you can get is Diamond. The highest I can get with Celebrity is Elite.

Raina

Many thanks!

Duplicate.

Edited by clarea

Even though we are Diamond Plus level on Royal we can never go higher than Elite on Celebrity unless we actually sail on Celebrity enough to earn Elite Plus status on Celebrity. Unless I am mistaken even if one holds Elite Plus status on Celebrity they cannot be higher than Diamond on Royal Caribbean without having sailed enough nights to reach Diamond Plus.

Your points on RCCL will start from zero. So yes you be even further away than normal from getting D+ status.

Hi,

After the cruise, your C&A will say ie "14 points - Diamond level".

To get to Diamond Plus you would have to earn another 161 points on Royal.

Basically the highest you can get is Diamond. The highest I can get with Celebrity is Elite.

Raina

Thank you guys! I had a hunch that it would work that way but just didn't find it clear! We are actually only Select/Platinum for now (I ran with the OP's Diamond query above!) so will likely end up reaching Elite with X, which will give us Diamond with C&A. I know that's as high as you can go with the reciprocal arrangement.

We are looking forward to our first RCI cruise on Explorer for Christmas/New Year, so things could all change after that!!

Thanks again for the prompt replies [emoji1]

Matt

Edited by QE2_Fan

Thank you guys! I had a hunch that it would work that way but just didn't find it clear! We are actually only Select/Platinum for now (I ran with the OP's Diamond query above!) so will likely end up reaching Elite with X, which will give us Diamond with C&A. I know that's as high as you can go with the reciprocal arrangement.

We are looking forward to our first RCI cruise on Explorer for Christmas/New Year, so things could all change after that!!

Thanks again for the prompt replies [emoji1]

Matt

Also remember that you get a balcony discount on Royal for Platinum level and above. Make sure your Royal booking has the discount.

Even though we are Diamond Plus level on Royal we can never go higher than Elite on Celebrity unless we actually sail on Celebrity enough to earn Elite Plus status on Celebrity. Unless I am mistaken even if one holds Elite Plus status on Celebrity they cannot be higher than Diamond on Royal Caribbean without having sailed enough nights to reach Diamond Plus.

It would be nice if RCCI would extend FULL reciprocity between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. If Elite Plus = Diamond Plus and Zenith = Pinnacle and vice versa it would open up so many different ships and itineraries to top tier cruisers. That is at the top of this year's wish list for me. I would love to sail on some Celebrity itineraries, but it seems like a huge step back to go from Pinnacle to Elite. I'm sure a lot of Celebrity cruisers feel the same way.

Also remember that you get a balcony discount on Royal for Platinum level and above. Make sure your Royal booking has the discount.

Thanks for the tip! Will look out for that on our next booking!

It would be nice if RCCI would extend FULL reciprocity between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. If Elite Plus = Diamond Plus and Zenith = Pinnacle and vice versa it would open up so many different ships and itineraries to top tier cruisers. That is at the top of this year's wish list for me. I would love to sail on some Celebrity itineraries, but it seems like a huge step back to go from Pinnacle to Elite. I'm sure a lot of Celebrity cruisers feel the same way.

Many of the Celebrity folks made nasty comment on line about those who gain Elite status by sailing on RCCL. A few years back there were numerous threads on the topic (on the Celebrity board) and many posts started with “I earned my Elite status” or “I am a true Elite” . In fact one poster wrote that they could never accept benefits that were unearned and questioned how anyone from RCCL would accept Elite benefits !

Seems to me that more RCCL passengers are sailing Celebrity rather than Celebrity passengers sailing RCCL. I have no data to back this up.

Honesty I think the Elite/Diamond trade off is gracious especially when one gets immediate benefits of the high category on their first cruise. I believe that Pinnacle/Zenith should be reserved for those who travel the particular line and should not be interchanged. It will water down the category. You are correct - with the generous benefits of the Pinnacle or Zenith categories - it would be quite a downgrade of benefits to go to Diamond or Elite.

I have enjoyed all the Elite benefits and even though I am D+, do not mind that I am “only” Elite on Celebrity. It has not stopped me from sailing Celebrity and at some point will actually reach the Elite plus category.

Just to add confusion to the mix, I contacted Azamara about a cruise and was told the reciprocity is based on Elite points, not RCCL points .

M

...Just to add confusion to the mix, I contacted Azamara about a cruise and was told the reciprocity is based on Elite points, not RCCL points .

Marci, are you saying if you are Elite on Celebrity based only on reciprocity with Royal, then you don't get Elite status on Azamara?

Marci, are you saying if you are Elite on Celebrity based only on reciprocity with Royal, then you don't get Elite status on Azamara?

Bob, Can't tell you for sure since we never did that actual sailing, but when they were telling me what category I fell into for Azamara, they didn't go buy an actual name category such as elite, they wanted to know how many actual points I had on celebrity. At that time, the only extra real benefit I would have received from three celebrity cruises (even though I was elite) was 10% off of the Internet package. I can tell you that they did not care how many Royal Caribbean points I had, only celebrity points.

Quite possibly I could've dialed back the next day and gotten a completely different answer. You know, sometimes one customer service rep will give a different answer from another, imagine that.

It would be nice to hear from someone that has been on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity and went over to Azamara.

Hope all is well

Marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

Bob, Can't tell you for sure since we never did that actual sailing, but when they were telling me what category I fell into for Azamara, they didn't go buy an actual name category such as elite, they wanted to know how many actual points I had on celebrity. At that time, the only extra real benefit I would have received from three celebrity cruises (even though I was elite) was 10% off of the Internet package. I can tell you that they did not care how many Royal Caribbean points I had, only celebrity points.

Quite possibly I could've dialed back the next day and gotten a completely different answer. You know, sometimes one customer service rep will give a different answer from another, imagine that.

It would be nice to hear from someone that has been on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity and went over to Azamara.

Hope all is well

Marci

All is well here Marci. Appreciate the info. One day we will try Azamara. :)

Edited by clarea

Many thanks!

you will be Diamond with Zero points until the end of you first cruise. then you will be Diamond with( e.g.) 7 points. you will have to then earn 175 points sailing Royal to make D+

Hopefully someone can answer this question. I am Emerald on Royal. Prior to my cruise on Celebrity last year X gave me Select status. I will probably roll-over to Diamond on Royal prior to my cruise on X next summer. At that point, can I contact X and get upgraded to Elite? Or, do I have to earn that status once I joined Captains Club? I can't seem to find the answer so any help would be appreciated.

Hopefully someone can answer this question. I am Emerald on Royal. Prior to my cruise on Celebrity last year X gave me Select status. I will probably roll-over to Diamond on Royal prior to my cruise on X next summer. At that point, can I contact X and get upgraded to Elite? Or, do I have to earn that status once I joined Captains Club? I can't seem to find the answer so any help would be appreciated.

In our case, our Celebrity status changed automatically when we reached Diamond on Royal. I believe once the accounts are linked, the change is automatic. You should be able to see you Celebrity level by logging into your Celebrity account.

Once you attain Diamond status with Royal you then contact Celebrity and they will make you Elite in the Captain's Club.