GCT Seine Trip - Dock in Paris

CPT Trips

We just booked GCT 's Seine, Paris to Normandy cruise for next Spring. Where in Paris does the ship dock. We have a full day free there and I want to begin my (compulsive over-) planning. It would really be great if anyone old provide the name of the nearest metro stop.

We are scheduled to arrive in CDG before 8 in the morning. I'm thinking of getting tickets in advance and hitting the Eiffel Tower, to the top, that day. Assuming we eat lunch/snack near the Tower, does this seem doable?

We are scheduled to arrive in CDG before 8 in the morning. I'm thinking of getting tickets in advance and hitting the Eiffel Tower, to the top, that day. Assuming we eat lunch/snack near the Tower, does this seem doable?

Definitely. We did something similar on our Paris visit. We arrived at CDG around 7am and pre-booked tickets for the Tower for that afternoon. We even had time to fit in the top of my wish list - a picnic lunch on the banks of the Seine.

It's a good idea, but may not work in practice. I set a timer to go to the Eiffel Tower website at the minute that the tickets for a certain day were to open. I hit enter on the second -- and there was only 1 ticket left! [i assume the tour sites have bots that grab them in the microseconds that my electrons had to cross the Pond.] So what I did was go to Easy Pass Tours (aka Fat Tire Tours) and book their Eiffel Tower Tour with Summit Access [http://fattiretours.com/paris/tours/skip-the-line-eiffel-tower-tour]. It was more expensive than just buying the tickets would have been, but we had a really great guide who added a lot to our knowledge and enjoyment [there was a lot of time on various lines where she could talk to us through the QuietVox sets]. Just be aware that you meet at their ticket office at 36 Avenue de la Bourdonnais, near the tower but away from the Seine.

More helpful info! How far in advance do tickets for a given day go on sale?

Jazzbeau, you mentioned time in various lines. Do you recall about how long the tour was from beginning to end?

Tickets go on sale about three months in advance at http://www.toureiffel.paris (I think it was at midnight Paris time) and sell out quickly for visits from April through September. Without a ticket, there is a very long line beneath the tower. Even with a ticket, there is a line for the elevators to the second level -- and then again for the elevators to the summit level. [We didn't bother going to the first level.] Once you have a ticket and get in the first elevator line, figure two hours for the elevator lines and sightseeing. You meet at the tour office between 5 and 30 minutes ahead [we were actually 5 minutes late and they were very nice about sprinting with us to catch the group!] and then walk as a group to the base of the tower -- so I would figure a total of about 2 1/2 hours [but you are on your own at the end, so you can stay as long as you like]

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

We booked the Behind the Scenes Tour of the Eiffel Tower through Cultival. It was highly recommended by a fellow CC member on Paris board. Very interesting you get to go to the underground bunkers and then the ticket gets you right up to the 2nd level with the guide. Not expensive and the guide was good. If you wanted to go to the top you could simply purchase an additional ticket.

For an amazing view of Paris go to Montmartre.