Any Hotwire "experts" here - Help?

j3000

Hey - I need to book hotel at port everglades , Sunday June 11. I'm looking at this HW page from the better bidding site:

http://www.biddinghelper.com/hotels/index?rid=592b2c72a7ce2

(click on the Hotwire Easy View tab, and then just check Port everglades only)

Anyone able to identify these 2 hotels there:

4-star @$87 - 45% recommended

2.5-star @$91 - 100% recommended.

I've asked at better bidding, must no response yet.

Thanks.

So you're not flying in the same day as your cruise? If not you might want to update the other thread you started.

Just thank the people who responded and ask about a good cheap hotel to stay at. Flattery will get you everyhere! :)

:) Haven't decided yet! :)

I think I'm usually pretty good with the thank yous?:)

If we do go the day before , I'd like to stay at one of the 2 hotels above...if I knew which ones they were.

The 2.5-star has a 100% recommendation on Hotwire, so i'm thinking a lot of cruisers must've stayed there...

4* is probably Sheraton Suites Plantation based on full amenity list.

2.5* with 100% positive, Not showing at that price, so cannot see amenities list. But doing same search using parameters you listed in Port Everglades, only came up one at 100% which was Extended stay America. @ $88

Edited by cherylandtk

4* is probably Sheraton Suites Plantation based on full amenity list.

2.5* with 100% positive, Not showing at that price, so cannot see amenities list. But doing same search using parameters you listed in Port Everglades, only came up one at 100% which was Extended stay America. @ $88

Thank you cheryl. Were using the Hotwire site, or betterbidding? Either way - yes I think the 2.5 star is the Extended Stay America.

Anyone stayed there? Looks like a good deal.

There is no absolute certainty to identify the hotel until you book it. You will be informed after paying. I tried once to guess for a Paris hotel but only came as close to the real one. Did not regret though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jargey,used both. Better bidding hotel list after using Hotwire search. Helped to narrow down specific Hotwire area name first, which limited the number of hotels in the BB list. It's been harder to identify hotels since Hotwire stopped using the TripAdvisor ratings....that used to be my backup verifier. And...the ratings are not as helpful now either. Seriously, no hotel gets 100% positive ratings.

Hey - I need to book hotel at port everglades , Sunday June 11. I'm looking at this HW page from the better bidding site:

http://www.biddinghelper.com/hotels/index?rid=592b2c72a7ce2

(click on the Hotwire Easy View tab, and then just check Port everglades only)

Anyone able to identify these 2 hotels there:

4-star @$87 - 45% recommended

2.5-star @$91 - 100% recommended.

I've asked at better bidding, must no response yet.

Thanks.

If you're referring to the area of the cruiseport for the 45% recommended, I believe it to be the Hilton Marina, which has gotten very poor reviews over the last few months, if not year.

I recommend reading Trip Advisor reports. I replied to your other thread, and I think you should just bite the bullet and book directly with either the Renaissance or maybe the Holiday Inn Express, which get way better reviews. For the extra $15-25 spent, it would be well worth it.

That $87 price doesn't take into account a large HW fee, which would bring the price to as much as the Holiday Inn.

I realize it is just for one night, but I do encourage you to check Trip Advisor. [emoji74]

Unless you can save quite a chunk of money on a room, I don't feel that PL or HW is a very good deal at this time of the year when rates are already quite low. You can always call the hotels directly and ask if they are willing to price match. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We prefer using Priceline bidding to Hotwire for FLL and environs. We have had much better luck in finding the right hotel at the right price. Priceline bidding has yielded properties like Renaissance, Hyatt Place, Hilton Marina on 17th, Marriott Courtyard and Westin on the beach, plus Westin by the I95 and Renaissance Plantation a few times.

It is all based on supply and demand. Lots of supply implies great choices and good pricing on both Hotwire and Priceline. We usually book a refundable back up just in case.

Hotwire, Priceline, Hotel Tonight, Expedia, Groupon (yes, check Groupon for a hotel!!) - they all uncharge for the reservation. I'll give my hotel example. Expedia charges $159/night for the hotel. The hotel is actually charging Expedia $129/night. Sometime, the price differential is even greater.

The Hotel Tonight app is actually pretty good if you can wait until a week out (yes, despite being called "Hotel Tonight", you can book out a week in advance). They give the nicely discounted rates and you see the actual hotel.

One piece of advice - if you do book through Groupon, Hotel tonight, Expedia, etc., absolutely call the hotel to verify they received your reservation!!! I've seen hiccups happen when someone shows up to the Front Desk and there is no reservation on the hotel's system, even though the guest had the confirmation from their booking engine. I was "fortunate" to have 3 of those show up within 15 minutes of each other Saturday night around 10pm, one Groupon, one Hotel Tonight and one Expedia!!! I had to manually build the reservations for each one (on our horrible system, it is not quick and easy). They took the last 3 clean rooms we had - our Rooms Director had taken 2 "off market" to hold in case of emergency and I was soooo glad he did! (no housekeeping staff at that time of night to clean rooms and each room would have taken an hour to do anyway)...

Hotwire, Priceline, Hotel Tonight, Expedia, Groupon (yes, check Groupon for a hotel!!) - they all uncharge for the reservation. I'll give my hotel example. Expedia charges $159/night for the hotel. The hotel is actually charging Expedia $129/night. Sometime, the price differential is even greater.

The Hotel Tonight app is actually pretty good if you can wait until a week out (yes, despite being called "Hotel Tonight", you can book out a week in advance). They give the nicely discounted rates and you see the actual hotel.

One piece of advice - if you do book through Groupon, Hotel tonight, Expedia, etc., absolutely call the hotel to verify they received your reservation!!! I've seen hiccups happen when someone shows up to the Front Desk and there is no reservation on the hotel's system, even though the guest had the confirmation from their booking engine. I was "fortunate" to have 3 of those show up within 15 minutes of each other Saturday night around 10pm, one Groupon, one Hotel Tonight and one Expedia!!! I had to manually build the reservations for each one (on our horrible system, it is not quick and easy). They took the last 3 clean rooms we had - our Rooms Director had taken 2 "off market" to hold in case of emergency and I was soooo glad he did! (no housekeeping staff at that time of night to clean rooms and each room would have taken an hour to do anyway)...

Very good advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you cheryl. Were using the Hotwire site, or betterbidding? Either way - yes I think the 2.5 star is the Extended Stay America.

Anyone stayed there? Looks like a good deal.

Have stayed at Extended Stay America twice prior to cruises out of FLL.

2.5 star rating is probably fair. However, shuttle service was prompt, room was clean and had lots of hot water, great location for walking to many restaurants and shopping, was quiet, staff was pleasant. Lobby is about 3 ft. x 3 ft. but again I just wanted a clean place to sleep the day before our cruise. If you're used to Sheraton/Hilton, fancy pools, spa. etc. this isn't the place. It is what it is and was just fine with me. :)

One comment I forgot about for Hotel Tonight and Groupon: it is not available every night. There are nights where a hotel can opt-out of offering cheap rooms to consolidators. It is a possibility that hotels around the cruise port may opt-out because they know they will get plenty of business from guest booking directly or via higher-paying sites for those "night before a cruise" stays.

But, it doesn't hurt to look.