What soft drinks are available?

kqcallahan

I'm a Pepsi girl :)

Oh oh...you can carry on soft drinks wihtout charge so if you like Pepsi, you might want to pick some up at embarkation or in your ports.

there is no Pepsi on HAL, sorry.

If you like Pepsi products, then you should cancel the Coke card and bring your own Pepsi products onto the ship.

You can bring on as much as you want on embarkation and in every port.

Actually I'm a Pepsi girl typically, hence why I just wanted to know what Coke products they actually have onboard.

Actually I'm a Pepsi girl typically, hence why I just wanted to know what Coke products they actually have onboard.

I do know HAL carries Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Lite (sometimes both of the lighter ones, sometimes one or the other), Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I think they have Caffeine Free Coke, too.

There are others, but I don't have current personal knowledge of just which ones.

Sprite or diet sprite??

Probably both. If there's a sugar free version, HAL generally offers it.

I think I remember both cans on my cabin desk, but won't swear to it (been too long to be positive).

I do know HAL carries Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Lite (sometimes both of the lighter ones, sometimes one or the other), Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I think they have Caffeine Free Coke, too.

There are others, but I don't have current personal knowledge of just which ones.

Ruth, I was on the Amsterdam this month and asked for Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Was told they didn't have it. I'm not sure if this was just a supply issue or if they no longer offer it. They did have Sprite Zero (no caffeine), so that was my drink of choice.

Ruth, I was on the Amsterdam this month and asked for Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Was told they didn't have it. I'm not sure if this was just a supply issue or if they no longer offer it.

I hope it was only a supply issue! I have a cruise coming up, and I might like a soda, or two, or....

There was one cruise I recall where there was a supply problem. They did have some Caffeine Free Diet Coke, but it was past the expiration date. Since this was shortly after someone had made a big public stink about HAL selling out of date products, they didn't want to sell me the Coke, but rather wanted me to wait until they were supplied. I was able to plead, beg, and cajole them into selling me the Coke.

But thanks for the warning.

Hello everybody,

Do you usually insist on getting a can?

I mostly got one on my last cruise. However, sometimes I received a diet coke thru the dispenser. Every other drink is fine, but the diet cokes thru dispensers (and ginger ale) on every ship so far have been the most disgusting soda I ever had.

Hello everybody,

Do you usually insist on getting a can?

I mostly got one on my last cruise. However, sometimes I received a diet coke thru the dispenser. Every other drink is fine, but the diet cokes thru dispensers (and ginger ale) on every ship so far have been the most disgusting soda I ever had.

I can't drink diet drinks, so I don't know about that, but every time I have had ginger ale from the dispenser, it's actually be a half & half or a 60/40 mix of coke & sprite, not actual ginger ale.

I hope it was only a supply issue! I have a cruise coming up, and I might like a soda, or two, or....

There was one cruise I recall where there was a supply problem. They did have some Caffeine Free Diet Coke, but it was past the expiration date. Since this was shortly after someone had made a big public stink about HAL selling out of date products, they didn't want to sell me the Coke, but rather wanted me to wait until they were supplied. I was able to plead, beg, and cajole them into selling me the Coke.

But thanks for the warning.

No offense intended, but since you were able to get them to sell you the expired beverage against their better judgment, you might not want to post it publicly. Just a suggestion. :)

• 3 months later...
so, CAN you get a CAN of Coke on board...or is it from a fountain?

Many thanks!

I had a soda card and was able to use it on recent Volendam (Oct 2016) and Koningsdam (Jul 2017) cruises to get Coke Zero in cans. It would appear that if the soda dispenser does not have the soda product they will provide the canned product instead.

The can cost was more than the soda dispenser but was credited off the soda card OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums