Uber at FLL and Port

woody14h

Download the app. Call the number. It asks for your destination. it will show the choices for type of vehicle with estimated fare. Choose and wait for an Uber driver call you for the pick up point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you don't have an app you can access Uber on their mobile website.

Thank you for the info,I don't have a smart phone but am signed in with Uber. How to contact them in this regard? Maybe they are only set up for smart phone apps?

I don't know how you could use Uber without having an app on your smartphone. You need to have your location settings on so they know where you are, where you are going, and pick up location.

If you don't have an app you can access Uber on their mobile website.

We use Uber on a regular basis and are not aware of anyway to use the service unless you own (and have) a Smartphone. The phone "app" is how you choose the type of Uber vehicle, get the price (which can vary depending on demand), and summon the vehicle. The app tells you how long till the vehicle arrives, shows you the actual moving location of your Uber car, a picture (and name) of your driver and the license plate. It also makes it easy if you need to call the driver..or the driver can easily call you.

The web site is fine for singing up for the service (and setting up your account) but is not helpful for summoning the car.

Hank

I've learned to walk over to an adjacent terminal if the one I'm in is deluged with crowds (perhaps due to multiple flights arriving at the same time). And secure a Uber driver at the other terminal.

Makes for a smoother and less stressful experience.