Over the door organizer?

cwbabe48

Are you talking about over the bathroom door? We just saw them on a cabin crawl on Silhouette two months ago. I don't know why they wouldn't be allowed. But in reality, there is GREAT storage on the S Class ships in the bathroom so in my opinion only there's no need for one

We have never found a need for organizers. As CathyCruises said there is good storage in the bathroom. We take a couple of collapsible cubes for the cabinets over the bed we have had more than enough room even on a 28day B2B.

I think the concern with them is that some over the door organizers can leave scratches on the door.

Are you talking about over the bathroom door? We just saw them on a cabin crawl on Silhouette two months ago. I don't know why they wouldn't be allowed. But in reality, there is GREAT storage on the S Class ships in the bathroom so in my opinion only there's no need for one

Ditto this. Didn't find that an organizer would be needed.

We found the storage to be good, too.

But I still packed an organizer for the bathroom door (plastic c that cupped the towel/pj holder on the door). Because I'm crazy when it comes to organizing. A place for every thing and everything in its place. Organizers warm the cockles of my heart. :)

What size cube are you talking about? We have never sailed celebrity nor have had over the bed storage? Thanks so much

The cubes are about 11' x 11." There are two storage bins over the bed and each will hold 4 cubes. I bought mine at Target.

Carolyn

I always swore we didn't need one either, but after 29 cruises I took one of the over the door shoe organizers on our last cruise. I liked it to actually put shoes and sandals in to get them off the floor and then sunglasses and other little stuff. Although not necessary, I did really like it and found it more organized. I had the clear type so you could see what you had in a pocket even if it was too small to stick out the top. We had it on the Summit over the door of the closet, which is the way out the door (but over the last closet on your way into the room) and it didn't get in the way at all. Also, it just holds over the door, so it doesn't damage anything, so I don't see the cruise line having any issue with it. Nothing was said to us.

I bought one years ago from a catalog. It can be hung from the robe hook on the back of the bathroom door and has zipper compartments in different sizes. Even if my bath has a lot of storage, I keep most small stuff in there because it is so easy to see and get to everything. I keep it stocked all the time (refill when I return home) with non medication things such as q- tips, cotton balls, band aids, etc. I wouldn't dream of cruising without it!

Never go on a cruise without the over the door hanger - get them at the dollar store for about $2 and leave it behind for the room attendant to do what they want with. There is limited storage every little bit helps, packing cubes are good for keeping the over the bed storage more organized.

We sailed on the Silhouette Jan 17-24, 2016. I purchased an over the door shoe

organizer at WalMart for less than $8.00. I hung the organizer on the outside of the bathroom door. The door closed without a problem. The shoe organizer held the shoes for two people with room for other small items. It kept things off the floor and well organized. I brought it home and will take it on our next cruise in October. It worked out very well and the room attendant never blinked an eye when she saw it. I would recommend taking one if you enjoy an organized space.

Hmmmm. Do not like clutter. Especially visible clutter. Having that stuff hanging around my cabin would make me nuts! Even inside the bathroom. Everything has a place and in our house that's behind closed doors. When we check in, all that ridiculous paperwork/propaganda gets put on top of the safe, along with the computer keyboard, etc. We have a large bouquet of flowers on the vanity, maybe DHs computer on the cocktail table, plus the pitcher of water and two glasses. When we walk out of the cabin, that's all you see. When we walk in, that's all we see. Different strokes. . .

Hmmmm. Do not like clutter. Especially visible clutter. Having that stuff hanging around my cabin would make me nuts! Different strokes. . .

Me too. :D We find plenty of space in the bathroom for the little things we carry along. Suitcases under the bed, hold rarely worn jackets etc. Overhead bins hold beach bags,swimsuits etc. I guess I learned after 20 years of cruising how to pack and store things. I think the cubes would do nothing for my organizing in the room. Still have to pull them down and dig thru them. I must be missing something.:o

Me too. :D We find plenty of space in the bathroom for the little things we carry along. Suitcases under the bed, hold rarely worn jackets etc. Overhead bins hold beach bags,swimsuits etc. I guess I learned after 20 years of cruising how to pack and store things. I think the cubes would do nothing for my organizing in the room. Still have to pull them down and dig thru them. I must be missing something.:o

The cubes are good on the s class ships for that over the bed cupboard. Found it kind of useless without them, high and hard to use. The cubes are easier to grab down and grab stuff out of. We used the cubes up there with underwear and swim suits etc and drawers for other stuff

Holy Mackarel! Are those shoes for TWO people??? We travel lighter.

Ha, yep just two of us. We used to travel lighter, but after 30 cruises I now pack more! I know it is backward, but I want what I want to take and now don't care about paying for an extra suitcase if I have too.

I purchase from dollar store small plastic shallow baskets for makeup, toiletries etc. to put in bathroom cabinets. They keep things organized and neat. I had purchased several over the door hooks to hang nightie, robe on bathroom door but they did not fit over door, not wide enough.

As to over the bed storage we just fold our knit tops and such, and just make 3 piles, I think the cubes would just be in the way and also add weight to our luggage.

Love the Solstice class ships, plenty of storage. Thanks everyone for photos of your storage ideas.

I so could never have an over door organizer hanging in my cabin in plain sight. It would drive me crazy and make me feel like I am living in a closet! The cabins are small enough as it is. I have to have everything put away and organized too. I do bring a shoe hanger that hangs from the closet rod. I put my shoes in it instead of fishing for them on the floor. I also bring a few small cubes to put small items like sunglasses, cell phone chargers, pens, etc. I bought black ones so they aren't very noticeable. On the S class ships the cubes fit on the open shelves on the night stands.

As soon as I get onboard the ship, I collect all the magazines, the bible, the keyboard for tv, and the celebrity hair dryer. All this goes into one of my suitcases until end of the cruise. I hate all that clutter.

We also pack in one of our suitcases all the wood hangers because we bring our clothes on white plastic and plastic clip ones. The wood ones take up too much room, are noisy if we hit rough seas and half of my sundresses would slip off.

During the cruise all papers and daily agendas go right into the desk or top drawer. I can't have anything laying out or it would drive me crazy! And thank goodness after all these cruises my husband agrees and helps maintain the order.