Meet and Mingle

Lad95der

This is my first time cruising and I have been reading cruise critic for several months now and getting lots of great information. I haven't posted before, just kinda soaked in all your helpful hints. I do have a question now though, can someone explain more about the Meet and Mingle. Is it held the 1st day, how long does it last, and what happens if something comes up and I can't make it, is there a charge for it? Any help would be appreciated. I am on Anthem of the Seas, New England/Canada, from August 31 to Sept 9th.

There is no charge for the Meet & Mingle, no problem if you cannot make it.

They try to schedule it early in the cruise, most often on the second day. It lasts 30-60 minutes.

You have to sign up for your "Roll Call" in order to sign up for the M&M....it's a good way to meet the folks you've been chatting with on your Roll call!

I have gone to every M&M on cruises .On one only 6 people showed up.That was very embarassing because 9 crew members were there.

On my last cruise one of the ships officers who attended lives in the same area as i do and we had great conversation.

Appreciate all the advice. Looking forward to my first cruise. Cruise Critic has given me lots of hints as far as what time to get to port, packing, etc. etc. I am in an interior studio cabin and have pulled pictures up of it. Looks great for one person.