Princess Virgins

trish99

Just booked our first Princess cruise for our first time to Hawaii! Long time cruisers and looking forward to trying something new (Platinum on NCL).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Be sure to join your roll call. Hawaii is my favorite cruise!! I love the sea days and Hawaii is beautiful. I have not been on NCL so I do not know how it will compare, but I don love how Princess does Hawaii.

So much of the fun is in the planning. I think you will have a great time!

Congratulations! We did the Hawaii cruise on the Star this past February out of San Pedro. Aside from some very disappointing weather while on Oahu and Kauai, we had a fantastic time - I suspect I will no longer be satisfied with the 7 day cruises.

....I suspect I will no longer be satisfied with the 7 day cruises.

Ha! Funny you should mention that! My husband used to say that 7 days was just about when he was ready to go home from a cruise.... He was worried about doing a 15 day cruise to Hawaii.... until we did it! He found he loves sea days and prefers the 10-15 day cruises over 7 day now. In fact, we only do 7 day cruises now if we are cruising with friends, or are trying to cruise during spring break with the kids. :)

7 days is definitely not enough. We've done one b2b and a couple of 9 days. We're doing our first transatlantic in a couple of months. 14 days Copenhagen to Miami. Love, love sea days!

Agree, and one airfare is nice also, but longer cruises tough to schedule with work calendars.

7 days is definitely not enough. We've done one b2b and a couple of 9 days. We're doing our first transatlantic in a couple of months. 14 days Copenhagen to Miami. Love, love sea days!

Sounds like you will really enjoy your Hawaii cruise then!

If you are lucky, Elua will be on your sailing! They recently put out their schedule.

Welcome to Princess! I don't know if NCL has the self serve laundry (nice feature on a long cruise) or something comparable to the International Cafe which is a 24 hour coffee/snack bar, but hope you'll have a great time exploring the ship and discovering some of the cool things Princess offers. Sounds like a great cruise!

Sounds like you will really enjoy your Hawaii cruise then!

If you are lucky, Elua will be on your sailing! They recently put out their schedule.

I just saw recently that Elua is going to be on our Jan. 18, '18 Hawaii cruise. This will be our first Hawaii cruise with them, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them. :)

Welcome to Princess! I don't know if NCL has the self serve laundry (nice feature on a long cruise) or something comparable to the International Cafe which is a 24 hour coffee/snack bar, but hope you'll have a great time exploring the ship and discovering some of the cool things Princess offers. Sounds like a great cruise!

I must say I'm pretty excited about the laundry on a 15 day cruise, lol!

Elua is a two piece Hawaiian band that is well loved on Princess. Princess is marketed as a step up from NCL/CCL. I have not been on a NCL ship so I can't do a comparison. Hopefully you will find Princess to be a bit more elegant than an NCL ship. Just remember Princess is the LOVE BOAT! (TV series back in late 70's and early 80's).

https://www.facebook.com/Eluamusic/

Just booked our first Princess cruise for our first time to Hawaii! Long time cruisers and looking forward to trying something new (Platinum on NCL).

The long sea days will afford you to enjoy your first Princess cruise! Happy sailing!

Our last three cruises were the Hawaiian Rts LA/Hawaii and all during the last couple weeks of the year.

We're an hour's drive from San Pedro so it's great for us. We also love sea days.

Elua was on the last two cruises and I suggest checking the Patter each day to see where and when they're performing (for our cruises, they were either on the pool deck or in the Piazza in the grand atrium). I also took the hula classes that Leialoha taught (her hubby Dave teaches the uke classes). On the last day, the passengers in both classes get together and put on a show. Dave would joke that Leialoha is from the island of Oahu and he's from the island of Boston (if I'm remembering his quip right). On the last cruise, I ran into them in the elevator and they were very nice...she was explaining which fruit I had selected from the tropical buffet that I was taking to the Princess theater as a movie watching treat.

If you like NCL's freestyle you won't like Princess. Princess has formal nights, NCL doesn't. Anytime dining on Princess is a joke. Waits of one hour unless you get there before the dining room opens and stand in line.

OTOH, international cafe is a bright spot, as is the self service laundry.

Some people say the included coffee on Princess is ok, some say not. Princess sells coffee cards for "premium" coffee and other non alcoholic drinks. There are plenty of threads on this.

IMO food is hit or miss and depends on the ship. Sometimes NCL is good, sometimes not. Food on Princess wasn't any better or worse than NCL.

Thanks, everyone. We do love Freestyle with NCL, but there are some aspects of Princess that we're looking forward to. And, as we've booked this under the Sip and Sail promo, as long as there's a bar near the dining room if we have to wait, we'll be fine!