First Ever President's Cruise with Michael Bayley

Join President and CEO, Michael Bayley, on the amazing Allure of the Seas®, sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on September 11, 2016 for an incredible seven nights in the Caribbean. We will be sure to keep you updated on all of the exciting activities and events to come, as we finalize all the details.

Learn more here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/7NightEasternCaribbeanCruise-AL07E135?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2016-09-01&sDateMax=2016-09-30&crownAndAnchorSociety_memberId=317998655&loyaltyTier=D&sailDate=09%2F11%2F2016

Join President and CEO, Michael Bayley, on the amazing Allure of the Seas®, sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on September 11, 2016 for an incredible seven nights in the Caribbean. We will be sure to keep you updated on all of the exciting activities and events to come, as we finalize all the details.

Learn more here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/7NightEasternCaribbeanCruise-AL07E135?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2016-09-01&sDateMax=2016-09-30&crownAndAnchorSociety_memberId=317998655&loyaltyTier=D&sailDate=09%2F11%2F2016

We will just be back from our Harmony Med cruise so can't make it - but for anyone who signs up - please start a thread where we can all list our issues for you to raise on our behalf:):):D:eek:

We will just be back from our Harmony Med cruise so can't make it - but for anyone who signs up - please start a thread where we can all list our issues for you to raise on our behalf:):):D:eek:

Why would RC do something like this? Mickey Arison is on one of his ships about every other week and you don't see any of his brands advertising it calling it a "sail with the chairman" cruise... The only word I can think of for this is stupid.

Edited by CaribSailor

Why would RC do something like this? Mickey Arison is on one of his ships about every other week and you don't see any of his brands advertising it calling it a "sail with the chairman" cruise... The only word I can think of for this is stupid.

Because Micky Arison is the OWNER so he does whatever he wants... You ain't seen the Carnival's CEO cruising every other week, even more I haven't seeing a advertised sailing with the brand officers... So, I think the idea is not stupid and is more to be one to one with their guests...:D

Years ago we sailed Celebrity Century, right after it came out and the CEO was on board.

We happened to be seated near him in the dining room.

Needless to say our service was beyond excellent.

He also was seen all over the ship.

Of course this was when Celebrity was a new brand.

Barb

The first order of business -- **please** -- is to fix RCI's email system so that loyal Crown & Anchor members receive the email mentioned above. We are now over 2 years without C&A emails, with too many to count unsuccessful attempts to fix this glitch. I am by far not the only one with this ongoing issue.

We can't book a cruise with the President of RCI if we don't know about it.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Because Micky Arison is the OWNER so he does whatever he wants... You ain't seen the Carnival's CEO cruising every other week, even more I haven't seeing a advertised sailing with the brand officers... So, I think the idea is not stupid and is more to be one to one with their guests...:D

It's stupid in my opinion. Michael Bayley is like Tim Cook, they both took over someone else's passion and no I'm not talking about product development I'm talking about customer centricity. Neither of them can rally the troops long term. A great CEO will make an employee want to run through a brick wall with inspiration. The only perk to this cruise is if you happen to be within 15 feet of Mr. Bayley at all times to get superb service. And yes MA is the owner and also the CoB.

Edited by CaribSailor

As much as I don't care what the Carnival execs are doing in their free time it's hardly accurate to call Arinson the OWNER of Carnival. Carnival is a publicly traded company so every share holder is an owner of the company. Micky Arinson is the Chairman of the Board and, quite frankly, is more interested in his Miami Heat than he is in the ships.

I don't necessarily think this is a bad idea if the intent is to get a feel for the cruise experience the company is really delivering and connecting with the customers in a somewhat unfiltered environment. However, if that is the purpose...the execution has already made it an almost wasted effort for two big reasons;

1) Now that it is announced when and where you can bet that as many "RCI Cheerleaders" as possible are going to book, if for no other reason it might give them a chance to "hob knob". It is much less likely, therefore, that many negatives are going to be mentioned. I hate the term "constructive criticism" because in my experience criticism is rarely viewed as constructive by the person on the receiving end. However, an honest and frank evaluation is typically much better received. The person being evaluated still has to decide if they want to take the information and improve but the environment is usually better.

2) Do you really think he is going to see a true representation of "customer service"? Please, every member of the crew will be doing everything in the power to deliver top notch service. In fact, there is a risk that some of the finish on the railing will be rubbed off during this cruise. It is human nature that when the BCTIC (Big Cheese That's In Charge for those of you not from the sticks) is around every employee is on their toes and keenly acute to things on the off chance that they get to directly impress "the man". What are the odds of food taking a long time to get to the table and it being warm (at best) when it gets there?

In my opinion, if the desire is to get a picture of the company (similar to Undercover Boss), just getting a cabin would be a MUCH better approach. He is fairly new so he should be able to mix in easier. If few know he is onboard he at least has a chance to flop down in a chair near the pool or at a bar and strike up a conversation with an unsuspecting cruiser. He may not like what he hears, but I bet he would get much more useful information.

Anyway, that is the approach I would take if in that position. Maybe even pick some passengers at random during the first few days and invite them to a focus group discussion at lunch on the last day (still without revealing who you are) and asking about the various areas of the company and onboard experience.

It also should be done on every class of ship in their fleet.

As much as I don't care what the Carnival execs are doing in their free time it's hardly accurate to call Arinson the OWNER of Carnival. Carnival is a publicly traded company so every share holder is an owner of the company. Micky Arinson is the Chairman of the Board and, quite frankly, is more interested in his Miami Heat than he is in the ships.

Well, been the son of the founder and having the majority of the shares will considered him as owner. Of course, when Carnival expanded in the 90's looking for financing and growth they went public. But still my point that Mickey can be consider the owner and also don't be a Heat hater(I can feel it :cool:)

Well, been the son of the founder and having the majority of the shares will considered him as owner. Of course, when Carnival expanded in the 90's looking for financing and growth they went public. But still my point that Mickey can be consider the owner and also don't be a Heat hater(I can feel it :cool:)

As of Feb 20, 2015, Arison controlled 15.30% of Carnival Stock. He is the largest shareholder but not the majority shareholder. And I'm not Heat hating. All I was saying is that if you're looking for Arison during basketball season you'd better look at a Heat game rather than at sea. :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for providing us with this information. My DH and I will look at this and consider it for one of our trips. Appreciate you letting the CC community hear about this.