Need suggestions or ideas for Bed rails on flip down bed

Hello all. Will be traveling on LOS end of august with a 10 yr old and 3 yr old. We have the flip down beds and wondering if anyone has any creative ideas for a bed rail so the 3yr old does not fall out onto us while sleeping. I have considered bringing a sleeping bag for him / blow up toddler bed for him but not sure there will even be room for that. Note- he is a big heavy 3 yr old.

I think it would depend how much he usually moves around while sleeping. He also might kick off tucked sheet if it is warm in the cabin. Not sure what type of cabin you have, but sleeping bag or sleeping on couch/love seat might be safer. You could also sleep in the Pullman yourself. Pullmans are comfortable but as pointed out they are supposed to be for children over 6 (comfortable for any age - they are a true "single bed.")

It would be hard to carry on, but water noodles are good. Cut them in the desire length and place them under the sheet on the edge of the bed. They give just enough stop to remind someone to scoot back from the edge of the bed.

I would check with cruise line if they have them and if not you can buy inflatable bed rails. The sell them individual or in pairs. The beds I have seen on most ships would only need one as they pull down from the wall so one side is protected. I have seen the rails on Amazon.

There is a rail on the side of the bed. My suggestion is keep the bed underneath together and if they would fall out they will land on you or the bed.

You could always put a small suitcase on the bed by the feet just to be safe.

We just took our 4 yr old, and I was concerned also, so I came across some cardboard. We let him draw on them, and decorate them. We put the cardboard all around when he got in bed Since they were flat they didn't take up much space in the suitcase. I don't think we have a picture, but I'm looking and will update, if I can find one.

we use a pool noodle for our 2 year old at home and it keeps her in bed just fine. Towel rolls would be a great substitute. If you run into issues, and have the space you can always pull the mattress onto the floor. It's hard to get hurt that way. :)

Does your 3 year old usually sleep in a toddler bed or a bed without a rail as it is? I know my 3 year old has been sleeping in a toddler bed with a small rail since 18 months, but my nephew who is 2 and half still sleeps in a crib and would probably fall off.

Somebody once mentioned on another thread that they turned the couch around to face the wall. No way to fall out with the back of the couch on one side, the wall on the other. I thought it was rather clever. Just another option.

Wow u all have great ideas. I also considered bringing the mattress down but i think it is attached. I love the "turn the couch around idea". He has been sleeping in a twin bed w rails since he was 2. He flips all around when he sleeps. Thanks again and love the suggestions