No sushi in Vines?!? Is this fleet wide???

cvpends

I am on the Star right now and am shocked to find that Vines, at least on this ship, is no longer serving Sushi with its glasses of wine. I asked the bartender and he said this has been for about a month and he doesn't know if it is a fleet wide change. Have others experienced this on other ships? I am disappointed as I adored the sushi in Vines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder why not on Star? I will be on Crown next month and Grand in March. Should I expect sushi in Vines? Is this just a one ship deletion, or is sushi going to be pulled fleet-wide? And if just on Star, why?

I also noted that the pizzeria stops serving at only 10:30. Strange changes! I have sailed Star a couple of times before just recently and am surprised by these changes.

We had a lovely fifteen day voyage aboard the Star in October. On our first day we experienced some service glitches, after that we had exemplary service.

It was also our first voyage, but if the service that we thought was terrific, is considered problematic by others, you Princess people have been spoiled. I've already signed up for another taste.

Edited by NYteacher

we spent 25 days on the Star, disembarking on Nov.8th. Up to that point there was sushi every night in Vines.... maybe now because it is doing the shorter 4 and 5 days cruises.... could that be it??

The service on the Star was fantastic and would sail on that ship in a heartbeat!:)

From several other threads it does appear that Star marches to a different drummer regarding dining (and other) policies; not just the recent reviews but issues such as small portions and no refills at Crab Shack.

But the Princess web site used to have a PDF document that listed which dining options were available on each ship fleetwide; looks like its gone but I seem to recall one of the footnoted disclaimers were that Vines on some ships (the ones it was added to rather than an original installation in the Piazza) had a limited menu. So probably unfair to compare Vines on the newest ship to the others--though of course not to question the OPs experience in this case (but also wondering if the OP was offered Tapas or any other bites, or none at all).

From several other threads it does appear that Star marches to a different drummer regarding dining (and other) policies; not just the recent reviews but issues such as small portions and no refills at Crab Shack.

But the Princess web site used to have a PDF document that listed which dining options were available on each ship fleetwide; looks like its gone but I seem to recall one of the footnoted disclaimers were that Vines on some ships (the ones it was added to rather than an original installation in the Piazza) had a limited menu. So probably unfair to compare Vines on the newest ship to the others--though of course not to question the OPs experience in this case (but also wondering if the OP was offered Tapas or any other bites, or none at all).

Vines on the Grand and the Sapphire have no food service capability. When we were on the Grand they advertised having "Sabatini's Bites" for the Stammtisch Table. We have sailed on the Golden and the Star and I much prefer their Vines layout added in 2008/2009 drydocks to the original Vines layout when we were on the Crown and Emerald. The Caribbean also had the same Vines area added during her 2009 drydock. We haven't sailed on Golden or Star for a while but there were both sushi and tapas at Vines on our cruises. Edited by IECalCruiser

I asked about the tapas and was told what they were and informed that they don't start serving them 'til 5. This was always true the other times I was on Star, Golden, a Crown, and Ruby. The difference is that previous to this experience I could have sushi before 5; plus I don't like tapas as well as sushi.

I had no issues with service, just issues with previously set expectations about food items that are no longer available. On the bright side, there was no apparent sausage in the buffet as some have reported :D

we spent 25 days on the Star, disembarking on Nov.8th. Up to that point there was sushi every night in Vines.... maybe now because it is doing the shorter 4 and 5 days cruises.... could that be it??

The service on the Star was fantastic and would sail on that ship in a heartbeat!:)

I was on Star last May for a short cruise and sushi was available, but perhaps you are right. And luckily the service is still good; it is just sushi that is missing, along with a few other things.

This is good news! It makes me hopeful for our New Years cruise :)

When we were disembarking, they were putting up all the holiday decorations. The little bit that we saw was beautiful.

Have a wonderful cruise!

When we were disembarking, they were putting up all the holiday decorations. The little bit that we saw was beautiful.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you! Can't wait! It will be just DH and me, so very relaxing :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Reporting back: Crown does still have sushi in Vines :). Not having sushi in Vines must have been a Star-specific product reduction.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Edited by cvpends