Maasdam --Spring 2017--back home

Stakeout

Maybe not bye-bye permanently - she's listed on the Sydney ports cruise data base as coming into White Bay on October 20 2017, then again in November.

You just made the optimist in me wonder if there was going to be a repositioning cruise from Boston to NZ/Oz! Now THAT would be something I could get excited about! :D

Dare I dream???

You just made the optimist in me wonder if there was going to be a repositioning cruise from Boston to NZ/Oz! Now THAT would be something I could get excited about! :D

Dare I dream???

Were Maasdam to do such a voyage, I might have to think about going.... but for the looong flight home. :(

Were Maasdam to do such a voyage, I might have to think about going.... but for the looong flight home. :(

We'll go with you :) The flight home is never as bad as the one over. You can also break the journey with a night in LA.

You can also break the journey with a night in LA.

That's how I've done it on my flights to Auckland and to Sydney. Morning flight from home to LA, then a relaxing evening. The next day either a daytime tour of the area, or a relaxing day at the hotel, then dinner, and the overnight flight. It really wasn't all that tiring!

If I were flying the reverse, I might try to get a non-stop to closer to home, but the same idea.

We'll go with you :) The flight home is never as bad as the one over. You can also break the journey with a night in LA.

When my DH and I used to muse about perhaps sailing in OZ/NZ, he always suggested we stay over a few days in LA. That's the only way I could consider such a trip.. :0

it does seem about 1 year too early for 'it ' to all end.. will be back on the Maasdam Mar 1 for the Canal 28 days.. need to hear the latest scoop about selling her--and there always is some maybe with the September ending she might be repositioned to Europe in place of the Rotterdam that was there in the winter months last year

here's the NEW ships order schedule with a sister ship of the Koningsdam due in Nov 2018..

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/cruise-ship-orderbook.html

East Coast-Sydney air at least 24 hrs ..not a fun trip for me these days .. I'd rather 'cruise it'

Edited by Stakeout

I agree, Stakeout.

I've been giving thought to flying either to or home from down-under and have decided that is not going to happen. I am not willing to subject myself to the misery of such a long flight even with overnight stopovers..... even stopovers of perhaps several days. :o

I agree, Stakeout.

I've been giving thought to flying either to or home from down-under and have decided that is not going to happen. I am not willing to subject myself to the misery of such a long flight even with overnight stopovers..... even stopovers of perhaps several days. :o

If you book a lie flat business class seat it is easy to sleep during the flight.