Sanctuary - by people or chairs

Sox Fan Cruiser

It's both. You are paying for person X to use lounger Y. The two are tied together, no one can use your lounger and no one else can enter.

On some ships there are some common use chairs etc, but you still need to be person X and your lounger is still not open for use.

Actually they probably could handle that but it may depend on how flexible the Sanctuary staff are on each ship. All four of you would have to go to the Sanctuary and explain the situation, and I imagine the charge would need to go to one cruise card (or two at most).

After all it's no different to you booking the sunloungers in the mornings and another two people booking them in the afternoons.

Are you technically paying for people or chairs in the sanctuary. If we pay for a whole day can two people sit there in the morning and two different people sit there in the afternoon?

(27 cruises with Princess and I STILL have questions. I love CC.)

Just do 2 half days. Works out to be the same price and then there will be no questions asked.

Are you technically paying for people or chairs in the sanctuary. If we pay for a whole day can two people sit there in the morning and two different people sit there in the afternoon?

(27 cruises with Princess and I STILL have questions. I love CC.)

It's called cheating.

People asked on our Panama canal cruise and were told no. Too hard to keep track of who was supposed to be there at a given time.

Actually they probably could handle that but it may depend on how flexible the Sanctuary staff are on each ship. All four of you would have to go to the Sanctuary and explain the situation, and I imagine the charge would need to go to one cruise card (or two at most).

After all it's no different to you booking the sunloungers in the mornings and another two people booking them in the afternoons.

All good everyone. Just trying to keep my 89 year old mother company while we are in port at St. Marteen. So it probably wouldn't be swapping out two completely different people

That's why we have Cruise Critic!! Thanks all.

Explain that to them, they probably won't have an issue with this.

All good everyone. Just trying to keep my 89 year old mother company while we are in port at St. Marteen. So it probably wouldn't be swapping out two completely different people

That's why we have Cruise Critic!! Thanks all.

You probably should have explained the whole story in the original post.

I can't see them having any problem with that!

You probably should have explained the whole story in the original post.

I can't see them having any problem with that!

I was told no on the Grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If we had booked 2 Sanctuary chairs for a whole cruise (which we've done) and one of the people booking was an 89 year old who wanted a different person (still a relative) to accompany her for one afternoon (rather than the one who booked with her) and I was told no I think I would have nicely spoken to the Hotel General Manager and explained the issue.

Not demanded - just explained.

I really can't see them insisting on leaving an elderly lady alone.

Given the situation I would probably be ok with it, but do look at it from the crew perspective.

If they say yes to your request, for however valid a reason, they also are obligated to say yes to every similar request (the slippery slope rule) otherwise they get nothing but grief.

It's why, for example, there is a flat prohibition on any passenger performing in any venue other than specific events, because they had so many parents and others insisting that their special snowflake would amaze the other passengers and thus should perform in the main theater (I have personally observed this request being made). Maybe they would, but then you have to let everyone do the same thing.

It cannot hurt to ask, but do not be upset if they say no, the rule is there for a reason.

And I wasn't looking to bend the rules. Was pretty much looking for a yes or no and got that. Expected either a "yeah, we do that all the time" or a "they will not let you do that" response.

Now I know. Never thought about doing that anyway, just thought I would ask the question.