YV Vancouver airport question

dcl1710

Do you know when they will let you off the ship if you self disembark? We did this cruise 2 years ago but we were staying in Vancouver for a few days so did not care when we disembarked

As long as there are no issues we have been off by 7:30.

Cab is about $30.

Do the cabs take credit cards, or do we need cash

Yes, all cabs in Vancouver will take your credit card and most your debit card. Any I have been in have had a credit card machine in the cab. Quite safe and secure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

^If Princess are running their Seatac shuttle, this is by far the most convenient way to get there on disembarkation day (and unless you rent a car likely the cheapest for 2 or even 3 people too). Unfortunately Princess do not always seem to offer it, and if you like to book flights far in advance you have to assume you are getting to Seatac independently if it's not already listed among your 'excursions' on MyPrincess.

Quickshuttle runs from the pier to Seatac - their 9am departure is similar timing to the shuttle mentioned (it doesn't show on the schedule yet as it's summer only). Basically it's a crappier more expensive version of the transfer shuttle, costing US$59pp and with a few stops instead of a nonstop drive (well, a stop at the border is required of course and there may be a bathroom break en route as well).

Unfortunately for Floridians flying from Seatac doesn't save any time in the getting home process - booking a flight out of Seatac before ~4pm is not feasible and there are always 1-stop flights from YVR that will get you back to MCO etc. earlier same day - but it does add the convenience of nonstop flight availability and potentially a good $ saving due to no Canadian airport/border-crossing fee on the flight.

But the BEST thing to do is obviously to repeat dcl1710s M.O. from last visit - stay on in Vancouver an extra day or three, then book any flight you like. We are the best city in North America after all, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't hang around for a while;-)

Thanks for the information. This port is not an easy port to fly back to Florida from. We have over a year to figure it out.

Having flown out of many US and Canadian airports, YVR is one of the nicest that I have been through. A cab from downtown to the Airport is ~$30, and they are clean and well kept up.

While it is not a mile or two away from the port like Fort Lauderdale, your ship does NOT dock in a dock area, but right in the heart of downtown, you disembark through the Pan Pacific Hotel.

It would be a shame not to stop and smell the roses in Vancouver (Stanley Park)

I love Vancouver, as it is a beautiful city, and has loads to offer. Spend a day or two, and be amazed by the Canadian Hospitality.

I much prefer taking the Subway (Skytrain), as it is a $3 trip from downtown directly into the Airport Terminal. Most fun is sitting at the front of the train only to realize that there are no drivers. Heading through the main tunnel is a hoot!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Valiamo

Be aware that if you're flying from YVR to a US designation you will clear US Customs at YVR before you board your flight. You need to allow time for this. Plan on arriving at the airport no later than 9:00-9:30 for an 11:30 flight.

If you're going to Florida there are flights on AA via DFW and UA via IAD which we have done a number of times. I would avoid connecting in ORD or YYZ. If you go via YYZ you'll have to do customs between flights, which is a bit of a pain, and possibly risky.