Anniversary Sale

diane.in.ny

In regard to the new sale, it may work for some but not for us. The room price went up $220 pp and the shipboard credit would be $150 more pp so we would not benefit. (We are booked on a January 2018 sailing.)

In regard to the new sale, it may work for some but not for us. The room price went up $220 pp and the shipboard credit would be $150 more pp so we would not benefit. (We are booked on a January 2018 sailing.)

Forgot......on previous booking, we received free gratuities so it is best that we keep the previous booking and not new sale price.

Forgot......on previous booking, we received free gratuities so it is best that we keep the previous booking and not new sale price.

It will definitely work for some but not for others.

This is an October 2017 cruise which we'll rebook.

Our February cruise is the same

Priced out our cruise and for the same cabin the all in price is actually more on the new sale.

Difference..., yes, $400 OBC on new cruise vs $200 on original...but we have prepaid gratuities equal to @ $306. The cabin price went down $60 total and even including @$60 for specialty dining we are still almost $300 ahead with original booking.

All in all, I will always check the sales because you never know...

If you booked during the Cyber Sale [Three for free...1) location upgrade; 2) pre-paid gratuities; and 3) OBC], the math for Balcony and Mini-Suites is simple, (assuming that you will leave the auto-tip in place and will eat in one Specialty Restaurant).

Under the old sale, Guests 1 and 2 got $75 each in OBC and did not have to pay any additional for gratuities. So if they used their OBC for Specialty Dining, they would have $46 left over. So you are left with your cruise fare and $46 to spend.

Under the new sale, Guests 1 and 2 each get $150 in OBC, have to pay additional for gratuities, but get a meal thrown in. If you apply the OBC to the gratuities ($94.50 per person), you will have $55.50 left over. You are left with your cruise fare and $55.50 to spend. Since the leftover spending money is almost a wash, all you have to do is look at the difference in cruise fare to figure out if the new sale is cheaper. For us, the new sale would cost us $100.50 more per person, so it is a no go.

***Edit to add: Since we are traveling with a third person, the new sale would save $29 more off of our total since the free Specialty Dining includes passenger #3. But that would still leave us $172 behind from where we were.

If you want to look at it another way, just think of the value of the gratuity and the value of the Specialty Dining as OBC. In that case, under the old sale, you got $75 (OBC) + $94.50 (Gratuity) for a total of $169.50. Under the new sale you get $150 (OBC) + ($29) (Specialty Dining) for a total of $179. It comes out just about even to the point where the price of the cruise fare is the determining factor. Of course, if you didn't book under the prior sale, you might be doing a whole lot better now. But perhaps not as well as you would have done two weeks ago.

Edited by JimmyVWine

It comes out just about even to the point where the price of the cruise fare is the determining factor.

Yes, and ours was a bundle on a Med cruise.

As you pointed out, the old promo vs new promo is practically a wash.

So made sense for us to rebook at the new cruise fare.

Yes, and ours was a bundle on a Med cruise.

It certainly can be. For our upcoming Med cruise, I paid $2,987, got $150 total in OBC and prepaid gratuities worth a total of $189. After that sale ended, the price for the cabin right next to mine was selling for $5,637 with no OBC, no prepaid gratuities and no free Specialty Dining. Today the price for the cabin next to mine is $3,207 with $300 total OBC and free Specialty Dining for up to 4 guests. So today's sale compared to yesterday's price is a humongous savings. But today's price compared to the NOvember sale is a modest increase. Where you end up is all dependent on where you start!

Just checked after seeing this thread, and our Sapphire Asia cruise next December dropped more than $ 1200 .. Yikes !!! :eek:

Sometimes you gotta love Cruise Critic

Srpilo

Edited by srpilo

Our balcony cabin on our Alaska cruise next summer went down $210. The new promo gives us $400 OBC in place of the $200 before, plus one free specialty dining for two. We do lose the pre-paid grats of $270, but in the end the perks are just about an even value dollar wise. Because we save that $210 due to the lower fare, we end up with a better deal even though it's a wash with the perks.

This is the 2nd price drop since we booked. Mini suites have also come done, and are now close to what our original fare was for a balcony. So we upgraded this morning. And, we got an additional $90 OBC from our TA due to the upgraded room category (we were getting $400 with the balcony). With the increased OBC amounts from our TA, and the drops in pricing for the mini-suite, we are paying only $70 more for the mini-suite than we had originally booked our balcony for.

We now need to figure out how to spend $890 in OBC! :)

Edited by sloopsailor

vings. But today's price compared to the NOvember sale is a modest increase. Where you end up is all dependent on where you start!

Exactly. We booked last month while on board. Mini-suite on sale was close to $6K pp. Now it is under $4K pp. Big chunk of change and worth losing the gratuities for.

Edited by diane.in.ny

Can someone tell me what the gratuities are now for the British Isles cruise per day?

When I googled, I only found the general rate and I seem to remember the rate for my cruise being more.

Trying to decide if I should switch or keep what I have.

Another Princess sale.

If you have a booking, be sure to check it. The price on one of ours dropped significantly!

Yes, we lose the prepaid gratuities and old OBC but the new OBC and price drop MORE than covers that.

Thank you for posting. For us it does not pay. It seems like they also reduced the prices of some cruises, not ours-lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cairn Mom

I went to take a look. I got a good deal but messed up a little and should have picked a different cabin. Anyway, when I went to look today, may cruise is no longer listed as an option so I am not sure what that means.

The new "sale" price for our cruise and cabin is $300 more than we paid, and we got the free drink packages. So for us, this is definitely not a sale.

I booked two cruises under the Sip and Sail promo as well. That was the best deal ever. I hope they do it again!

Both of our cruises are still less under the S&S promo than this one.

:):):):)