Cruising on a Cloud

duct tape

Boarded the Cloud yesterday in Copenhagen. As some of you know, we spent the holidays on the Cloud and I was very disappointed. The mgmt team was unimpressive, the food was mediocre, the service was suffering badly, the physical plant was sorely in need of attention. The mechanicals will not improve until the extensive dry dock scheduled for later this year. We did consider canceling this cruise. LO and behold, I have never seen such a positive turnabout in such a short time. The whole mgmt team is fresh as well as the Bridge. Capt Palmieri, his Staff Capt, Cuollo, the Hotel Director, Sujith Mohan, maitre'd Sergio and the crew have things under control! All of those who should be visible, are. Morale has improved. Happy crew, happy guests. The ship looks better if it is or not...again, nothing can be done right now about some major issues. The paint is fresh, the carpets are clean, the suites are comfortable. The service level has improved tremendously. Sea day today, lovely fresh seafood on deck. Captain's Welcome this evening. Bergen tomorrow. Later. Quite pleased.

Boarded the Cloud yesterday in Copenhagen. As some of you know, we spent the holidays on the Cloud and I was very disappointed. The mgmt team was unimpressive, the food was mediocre, the service was suffering badly, the physical plant was sorely in need of attention. The mechanicals will not improve until the extensive dry dock scheduled for later this year. We did consider canceling this cruise. LO and behold, I have never seen such a positive turnabout in such a short time. The whole mgmt team is fresh as well as the Bridge. Capt Palmieri, his Staff Capt, Cuollo, the Hotel Director, Sujith Mohan, maitre'd Sergio and the crew have things under control! All of those who should be visible, are. Morale has improved. Happy crew, happy guests. The ship looks better if it is or not...again, nothing can be done right now about some major issues. The paint is fresh, the carpets are clean, the suites are comfortable. The service level has improved tremendously. Sea day today, lovely fresh seafood on deck. Captain's Welcome this evening. Bergen tomorrow. Later. Quite pleased.

duct tape that is excellent news! So glad that you are pleased with the ship and crew thus far! Enjoy your trip!

Dr. Ron, Duct Tape

Hope the weather's good and you have a great cruise. Our 2010 Norway Cruise with several CC'ers including DT and Terry, was one of the best trips we have taken.

on member reviews section. Booked Ss Cloud for next June,but just found out the itinerary I chose was cancelled. Offered 10% discount for same cruise in Sept 2016 and booked it. After reading these latest negative reviews I was concered my first SS cruise would be miserable...so very happy to hear about your positive experience SO FAR.Do keep us informed.

the Hotel Director, Sujith Mohan

Is Sujith the young Indian who was previously F&B manager with Silversea? If so, I am so happy for him that he was promoted to HD. He was an extraordinarily energetic and able and caring person. I am also pleased that SS promotes great talent from within.

Appreciate the wonderful details and reports from duct tape about how things are going on the Silver Cloud. Our personal experience on this ship was that by late January and February earlier this year that things had "come together" and improved. Good luck on the weather today in super charming Bergen. It is supposed to be mostly sunny and a high of 66F in Bergen today. Maybe one passing thundershower around 2 pm there today. Almost as perfect as we enjoyed there with duct tape and others on July 14, 2010, as the Cloud delivered us there to this historic and scenic town.

Look forward to more reports and details from duct tape on others to bring back nice memories for us from July 2010 when we sailed on the Silver Cloud up to the North Coast and back to Copenhagen.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 24,310 views for these postings.

Edited by TLCOhio

I just wish to add my total agreement with what duct tape has said. The staff are all so happy, doesn't matter where you are - pool deck to MDR ! Sujith is out and about every day checking on everything ! We are having a good time despite the weather !!

I just wish to add my total agreement with what duct tape has said. The staff are all so happy, doesn't matter where you are - pool deck to MDR ! Sujith is out and about every day checking on everything ! We are having a good time despite the weather !!

Appreciate these details for how things are going so well with the Silver Cloud staff, the HD's strong leadership, etc. Good luck in dealing with the weather challenges. Did more yesterday getting ready for our Silver Cloud early February 2016 sailing along the South Africa coast. Look forward to hearing more details about the upcoming dry dock fixes and improvements later this fall. Any added insights about what all will be done in addition to replacing the teak decking, "back of the house" fixes, etc.???

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 180,259 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923