Azamara Quest receives a 97 CDC score!

BBMacLaird

The Azamara Quest received a 97 on her latest United States Public Health Services “Centers for Disease Control & Prevention” (CDC) inspection that took place in Miami, Florida.

Just three points shy of a perfect 100, this score is a testament to the professionalism of all involved in maintaining our classic ships. We are very proud of our shipboard officers, staff and crew as well as our shore-side Hotel Management staff; all of who work tirelessly to ensure no detail is overlooked.

The Quest’s CDC score of 97 supports the equally high scores seen in our internal computations of Guest Survey Input measuring overwhelming satisfaction with the Azamara Club Cruises officers, our ships and our overall product.

We are very pleased that all metrics are on a clear upward trajectory since the extensive dry docks of a year ago.

Kudos again to our shipboard and shore staff for their professionalism and diligence!

- - -

*Footnote: The United States Public Health Service (USPH) oversees the agency known as the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). The CDC’s role is to assist the cruise industry in preventing and controlling the introduction, transmission and spread of illnesses.

The CDC vessel inspections are unannounced and take place in US ports on ships carrying more than 13 passengers and arriving from international itineraries. They cover everything from proper food handling, preparation and storage procedures, and overall galley cleanliness. In addition, the spas, whirlpools and swimming pools are evaluated. Lesser known but equally important are the inspections of the public water fountains and bathrooms, air systems, housekeeping procedures, pest management, and child-care facilities.

Thanks for the information. What items prevented a perfect score?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi MaxCircus, I have not seen the detailed report. When it becomes available the CDC will make it public on their website.

They publish a list of all cruise ships' past inspections and scores received, with a hyper link to the detailed report. All very transparent.

Very nice to hear this news! But of course we have always believed that "Quest is Best." :) Hats off to the officers and crew of Quest for their hard work and effort bringing in such a high score. Rob and I have been away from Quest for three years now--way too long--but we are looking forward to returning to this sparkling ship in a short three months and again at the end of next year. I know we'll have fun as always.

Thanks for sharing Bonnie. 97 is a nice improvement from the previous score of 94, but it isn't great. If you were to add Celebrity's 9 ships, Quest's score would be the second lowest; at 95 only Summit scored lower. 6 of Celebrity's 9 ships have scored a perfect 100 in their most recent inspection and given that cleanliness directly impacts the health of guests and crew, that's what Azamara should strive for. I would be concerned if 97 was celebrated or applauded.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums