What time do you disembark at Southamton

winningstudio

You may be able to choose a specific disembarkation time but only on board.. You can choose self disembarkation and leave whenever you like. However this means disembarking with all your luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We always do the fast walk off,and are always off before8am .You need to be fit to take your cases off yourself but as soon as the ship has cleared all the formalities they call you to one of the restaurants and you disembark a few at a time .As we do valet parking we can be away from Southampton before any of the other traffic.Hope this helps.:)

According to the P&O website it's from 8.45 to 11am but you will be allocated a time the day before. That doesn't help me much as I need to book a driver. Does anyone know if you get priority and/or choice of time if in a suite?

If you are in a suite you will get priority disembarkation. The earliest we have been off is about 8.20.

I need to book our return train journey home from Southampton and I wonder if anyone can tell me what time approximately do you leave the ship at the end of the cruise ?

The self disembarking walk off system means you are lugging all your cases off yourself which may not be your best bet. I'm sure if you speak to guest services and explain the need to catch a train they will be able to assign you an early disembarkation slot.

I would suggest it takes around 45mins minimum to get off the ship, find your luggage, get a taxi and travel to the station. I would suggest that you book a train no earlier than 11am which will allow some contingency for delays.

Brian

According to the P&O website it's from 8.45 to 11am but you will be allocated a time the day before. That doesn't help me much as I need to book a driver. Does anyone know if you get priority and/or choice of time if in a suite?

Haven't made it to the dizzy heights of a full suite..but in a mini suite we have been told we could disembark at which ever time we wanted.

Must admit we are usually off by 8.30 am and on out way by just gone 9am.

You may be able to choose a specific disembarkation time but only on board.. You can choose self disembarkation and leave whenever you like. However this means disembarking with all your luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are having our luggage transported via The Luggage Company so does this mean we just leave our cases in the cabin and would be able to walk of the ship quite early ?

About half way through our cruise on Britannia last week there was a notice in the daily Horizon paper saying that you could request an early disembarkation if you are able to manage youre own luggage.You have to log this request at the reception.The ship docked at 6am.We had asked for a time between 7am and 8am and there was a queue in reception when we finally managed to negotiate the lifts at 8.30.It was very smooth disembarkation and well organised.

You can select your preferred disembarkation time aboard ship but remember to do it! lots don't and have to make do with what they are allocated.

I choose 9.30 and have plenty of time to catch the 10.30 train.

We are having our luggage transported via The Luggage Company so does this mean we just leave our cases in the cabin and would be able to walk of the ship quite early ?

Never used them, but from what I have seen, your cases would have to go out the night before, same as everyone elses. You disembark at your chosen time (or p and o's chosen time) find your cases in the HUGE hall (arranged by deck). Collect cases, go through customs and tie up with the luggage company after that, to hand your cases over.

So maybe not quite as simple as what you were thinking.

We always self disembark, and have always made the 8.15am train north, but we know the time of the next trains, just in case.......and from Aurora in Nov, we actually made the 7.45. The reception staff have always been helpful when we've gone to ask for a time, so I'm sure they will be helpful about your disembarkment without your luggage.

Disembarked Ventura yesterday (Saturday 25th April) to the usual chaos P&O create, no control. lies told about arriving early and getting sent back, (rubbish) by staff. very hot and people feeling faint. after 175 + years cruising why can't P&O get it right?

Disembarked Ventura yesterday (Saturday 25th April) to the usual chaos P&O create, no control. lies told about arriving early and getting sent back, (rubbish) by staff. very hot and people feeling faint. after 175 + years cruising why can't P&O get it right?

Were you trying to self disembark? It is not clear from your post what the problem was.

In all my years of cruising I have never experienced chaos but then I have never been in a rush to get off the ship. I am happy to sit and wait my turn savouring the last moments of being on board.....

When we left Oceana in Southampton in March the disembarkation was the smoothest I've ever seen. Now passengers are given a venue to go to according to where there cabin is. No longer are broadcasts made to the whole ship. An officer will be at each venue and you will be told when it's your turn to leave.

We were in a suite and did have priority disembarkation. We had a leisurely breakfast in one of the main restaurants - they have two sittings in there - and then we were able to disembark. We saw passengers being led by an officer from one of the lounges to the atrium to disembark. We could have left earlier but we were off the ship by about 8.40 and home by 9.20 - we are lucky to live so close to Southampton. We certainly didn't see anybody pushing, or arguing about disembarking.

We've never had a problem disembarking but then we always opt for one the later slots. Last year on Aurora we were pleased to find that the MDR had open seating for breakfast, no rush to get in like it used to be when the doors were only open for 15 minutes per sitting!

I have witnessed people being so desperate to get off that they have been rude and pushy but they seemed to be ones who thought a specific time slot meant exactly that, whether the ship had docked or not!