LIVE from Freedom of the Seas 12/4 Western Caribbean

Good afternoon all! I will be embarking on Freedom tomorrow afternoon from Port Everglades. While I've seen several live reports lately on the 8 night Eastern, there hasn't been much on the 6 night so I thought we'd give it a go. I doubt this will be quite on the level of ckrobyn or Canadian Disney Moms reviews for quality but I'll try.

Much of what you'll see photo and review wise will be a repeat of previous reviews, but I'll try and take plenty of photos especially of the cruise compasses and the menus from the various venues. We aren't planning on specialty dining at all but will toss in some menu shots there and as many of the drink menus/prices I can. I tend to take a lot of random photos so expect those as well.

Background:

Myself (Cody), my wife Ainslie, and my two parents will be heading to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. We booked this cruise while I was deployed earlier this year. I realized I was going to miss yet another anniversary (3 out of 4) due to work and we needed a vacation. When my parents heard about the trip they decided to come along as they hadn't cruised in a few years.

We typically cruise in Promenade/inside rooms as we spend very little time in the room itself. For this cruise we booked a standard E3 balcony room next door to my parents midship on deck 7. Prices were very good we were able to take advantage of multiple price drops. I also purchased the 1 device surf and stream package for us to share (will post speeds a couple times) as well as the deluxe drink package for myself.

In Grand Cayman, my wife and mother will be doing the stingray/snorkel tour with Nativeway which we've done previously and loved, while my dad and I will be taking a bus over to the Cayman Islands Brewery for the tour and a few samples and some lunch in town afterwards. Cozumel is lunch at Casa Denis and some shopping downtown and a leisurely stroll back to the ship. Costa Maya were booked at Maya Chan along with a good bunch of our roll call.

As we live only about 2 1/2 hours north in Satellite Beach we will be driving down in the morning and using Park n Go. More to come tomorrow, and if anyone has questions/ wants photos from around the ship post here and I'll do my best.

Side note- I'm not a "foodie" and very easy to please so while I will talk about the food onboard, my opinions on it will likely be less in depth/critical than others.

Can you tell me what kind of specialty dining packages are available once on board? We have a ton of OBC, so would prefer to wait until we board to use. Thanks and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They had these outside the windjammer. Haven't gotten down to Sabor yet but will look and post menus later.

6393454e529ba8682efd0d8839565daf.jpg0d577ac301bb8bff2833ce62315b70b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had these outside the windjammer. Haven't gotten down to Sabor yet but will look and post menus later.

6393454e529ba8682efd0d8839565daf.jpg0d577ac301bb8bff2833ce62315b70b0.jpg

We enjoyed Chef's Table and will most likely do this again. Getting half off for Giovanni's would seal the deal for us. That's a pretty good deal.

We bought the one device Surf and Stream package, this is first Speedtest in port. Will check again in a couple days once underway.

df658999cdf1d5dba55fa870cf6ad10f.jpg

This is fantastic!!! Thanks for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums