Balcony Dress Code

Fred Quimby

The balconies really aren't private. Once when sailing into a port we had an entire multi-level balcony community conversation going on. I do go out in robe and slippers and with bed-messy hair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The balconies really aren't private. Once when sailing into a port we had an entire multi-level balcony community conversation going on. I do go out in robe and slippers and with bed-messy hair.

And if you don't want such a large multi-level community conversation next cruise, keep that robe closed.:eek::eek:

;p

I remember hollering downwards, 'Your coffee smells wonderful. Where did you get that?'. It was a ship-provided robe. They are one-size-fits-a-few. Were you in that community conversation??

Why would anyone care if someone they don't know is out on their own ship balcony in their underwear (or even naked) - as long as they are not "flashing their private parts" around????? Would it be more acceptable if the person was wearing a Speedo or a bikini than underwear???

Hear hear here Anita ! Well said ... miss you !! Cinci and David x

that depends on how sexy your body is? ;p

actually when at sea it would be hard for anyone to see onto your balcony; when in port consider how it would look to see a guy walking around outside the ship in his underwear? :')

I was thinking of his wife, who probably isn't Victoria Beckham, because the odds are that it won't be a pretty sight! Sometimes we need a good laugh....

" Don't look Ethel"

" Ethel you put your cloths on"

:D

We spent the rest of that day and most of that night

Trying to find my brother, Bill

Caught up with him 'bout six o'clock the next mornin'

Naked, swinging on the windmill

He said he flew up there

I had to fly up and get him down

He was about half crazy

:D

We spent the rest of that day and most of that night

Trying to find my brother, Bill

Caught up with him 'bout six o'clock the next mornin'

Naked, swinging on the windmill

He said he flew up there

I had to fly up and get him down

He was about half crazy

Just curious if you know where my quotes came from? Many younger people probably don't if they've never listened to the "Streaker song"!

OP, Men just don't care. ....however, I found this quote:

"We women spend our 20's and 30's so worried about what everyone is thinking about us.

Then we get into our 40's and 50's, and we finally start to be free, because we decide we don't give a damn what anyone thinks of us. But you will not be completely free until your 60's and 70's, when you will finally realize this liberating truth — NOBODY WAS EVER THINKING ABOUT YOU, ANYHOW."

Edited by $hip$hape

I have not given this thought much thought...I think Americans in general are way too uptight. If first thing in the morning, underwear or boxers, if I am sitting for a longer time usually running short shorts.

I guess I have always just said do whatever doesn't disturb me. :)

Balconies are in plain view on many ships without having to 'try to look'.

Maybe if your standing overlooking the rail. If your sitting your neighbors need to lean around the partition to see onto your balcony.

Aft balconies maybe!

I spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony different times of day and have noticed that when the light is right you don't see through the balcony glass. Instead it reflects like a mirror and depending on the angle (whether you wish to or not) you can see everything on the balcony next to you and even into the cabin next door.

Personally, I would prefer if the glass did not reflect like that.

Balconies are in plain view on many ships without having to 'try to look'.

In plain view of the dolphins and sea turtles.

I have only cruised once without a balcony and unless you lean out over the balcony railing you can't even see next door.

Maybe there are different lines with different Ship layouts. I have only cruised with Carnival and Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums