Balcony Dress Code

Fred Quimby

Seriously dude, how are you going to win here? You are sailing with your wife....she says no, how is a whole internet full of people saying anything different going to change that? Everyday you step out on that balcony in your undies, you are going to tick her off. Is that how you want to start every day of your vacation? She has seen you in your undies we have not (thankfully). Trust her advice. Maybe it is because she doesn't want to share.

LMAO!!! Totally agree!;)

I am opened minded when it comes to being naked, so I say to each his/her own! (Of course discretion should be minded while in port). If you are comfortable in your own skin and want to feel the fresh sea air "all over", yay for you.

Funny story, on my first cruise I spent a little bit of time in the buff on my balcony during sea days. It wasn't until the near the end of the cruise that I was leaning over the railing (not naked) and looked up to find a bunch of people looking down. Turns out there was a bar and dining area a few floors above us. *blush*

I'm with you on this! I tell my room steward at the beginning of the cruise to leave the curtains wide open all the time. Makes the room feel bigger. The fish and dolphins can look all they want. But in port... a little modesty is advised. On a sea day, if anyone wants to contort themselves to get a look at me on my balcony, so be it.

We find that in HOT and SUNNY conditions our room air conditioner can't keep up. We keep the curtain closed while we're out of the cabin but like to open it partway at night so the morning light shines in.

So I like to go onto the balcony 1st thing in the morning in my underwear.

The wife say I should not do it?

what do you think?

There are cameras everywhere, and you are not isolated from the neighbors either. Boxers and a T-shirt? That is fine. My husband usually just throws his shorts and a T on before going out there in the morning.

Seriously dude, how are you going to win here? You are sailing with your wife....she says no, how is a whole internet full of people saying anything different going to change that? Everyday you step out on that balcony in your undies, you are going to tick her off. Is that how you want to start every day of your vacation? ...

(y) (y)

My husband spends every possible second just wearing his underpants and despite my many protests I am powerless to stop it 🙈 He even wore them in a water park because 'how is it different from swimwear'. Told him he's going to get arrested for public indecency but it doesn't stop him. I swear the man is a closet nudist.

Hmmm... and just a few posts prior to this, someone very logically pointed out --and a number of people agreed-- that if the OP wanted "SMOOTH SAILING" on the cruise he should not upset the wife.

Yet then along comes this quoted post: "...I'm powerless to stop it."

So I guess it all boils down to WHO IS WEARING THE PANTS.... as the expression goes.

Porkchopkid: you're correct I will close the blackouts for the few hours the sun may shine in directly to prevent warming the room... otherwise: wide open.

Is wearing a bikini for women on the balcony any different than being in a bra and underwear? Is wearing a speedo/swimsuit for men any different than briefs or boxers on the balcony? I don't get what the big deal is.:confused:

So I like to go onto the balcony 1st thing in the morning in my underwear.

The wife say I should not do it?

what do you think?

Can't be anything worse than I've seen poolside....go for it.

It isn't that big of a deal.

1) camera's don't look onto your balcony

2) if people want to look around the partitions, it become their problem

3) OP you won't be the first or last to do it

4) " Tighty Whities" or whatever cover more than speedo's

5) chances are if you are sitting out there late at night or in the wee hours of the morning you are not alone with your attire or lack of!

I would recommend keeping your pants on while in port:eek:

that depends on how sexy your body is? ;p

actually when at sea it would be hard for anyone to see onto your balcony; when in port consider how it would look to see a guy walking around outside the ship in his underwear? :')

when in port consider how it would look to see a guy walking around outside the ship in his underwear? :')

Depends where the port is.

Most people in the south of France and other Mediterranean countries couldn't care less.

Then there are some countries where it is quite common to see locals in their underwear at the beach.

It isn't that big of a deal.

1) camera's don't look onto your balcony

2) if people want to look around the partitions, it become their problem

3) OP you won't be the first or last to do it

4) " Tighty Whities" or whatever cover more than speedo's

5) chances are if you are sitting out there late at night or in the wee hours of the morning you are not alone with your attire or lack of!

Late night he might be over dressed. A pair of gym shorts is not all that different from nylon boxer briefs.

Depends where the port is.

Most people in the south of France and other Mediterranean countries couldn't care less.

Then there are some countries where it is quite common to see locals in their underwear at the beach.

yep, true; that is why I said think of how it would look to see someone off the ship dressed or undressed that way? ;p;p