arcadia

duckbill

Just booked a cruise on Arcadia for November this year and today I have just read a truly horrendous review about dirty cabins stinky overflowing toilets even outside restaurant. Shabby overall ship and I am left dismayed. I called P&O and I was told she is going in for a refurbishment in October. Can anyone help with my apprehension.:(

We had 5 weeks on her last Oct/Nov. None of the above problems were apparent. Sorry but those reporting problems like that are looking for problems and exaggerating.

Look on Princess boards and Royal Caribbean and you will find similar fears and worries. I would also ignore them go and enjoy your cruise, which you will and stop looking at internet reviews done by people who love to see the worst side of any ship on any line.

I find CC reviews the worse as the reviewers know no one can come back at them as no comments are allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

She was fine in December - some water had got where it shouldn't have prior to our cruise as there were a few damp patches of carpet which were being given the industrial drier treatment but apart from that no issues. There were no signs of toilet problems but there was obviously concern about passengers sabotaging the ship - as well as a letter to every cabin there were at least two announcements over the Tannoy, including one from the captain, about what not to put down the toilets.

Sorry but those reporting problems like that are looking for problems and exaggerating.

It's like the obsessive wannabe hotel inspectors who infest Tripadvisor. People with bizarre expectations which can never be met, coupled with an inability to put things in any sort of perspective or even describe their experiences coherently.

It's like the obsessive wannabe hotel inspectors who infest Tripadvisor. People with bizarre expectations which can never be met, coupled with an inability to put things in any sort of perspective or even describe their experiences coherently.

Correct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello! Most of my cruises have been on Arcadia and I would happily book her again. I was on for 24 nights in September last year and again at New Year. There is a problem with one of the sets of toilets by the restaurant, so they are at times out of action, hopefully the refurb will address this. If you inspect the cabins in close detail I wouldn't describe them as immaculate (but I think that goes for every ship and most hotel rooms!) but on the whole they are perfectly acceptable. She had a refurb fairly recently and the public areas are really lovely. Arcadia is a great ship to cruise on because she has highly valued features such as a prom, crows nest, thermal suite. I really don't think you should worry at all, you will have a great cruise, on a lovely ship, with great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like to thank all of you for your genuine interest and your very positive comments and I have to say you have definitely allayed my fears somewhat . I spoke to Anthony at P&O and he tells me she is going for a refit in October so hopefully any problems will be sorted. I thank all of you once again and I will post when we come back from our cruise.

You should never ever take any notice of reviews, especially ones like that. Make your own mind up. Every ship has bad moments, it doesn't mean they are falling apart. Refits are done as a matter of course every few years and have nothing to do with silly reviews that help no-one.

Online reviews can be helpful for most things, but then they can also be a hinderance. And they seem to have become less about specific reviews and rather places for folks to "vent" over sometimes rather pointless complaints.

I read one recently that complained that a cafe could not deliver the hot drinks to the table at the exact same time as the food (as if this was the end of the World). I know the place, its a small shop - with only a couple of wait staff. Simple logic should tell you that they can only carry a certain amount of items before returning to get the rest.

As for Arcadia, I find her a lovely ship.

I would like to thank all of you for your genuine interest and your very positive comments and I have to say you have definitely allayed my fears somewhat . I spoke to Anthony at P&O and he tells me she is going for a refit in October so hopefully any problems will be sorted. I thank all of you once again and I will post when we come back from our cruise.

Have you watched any of the videos on you tube? Might help you to see what she is like.

Have you watched any of the videos on you tube? Might help you to see what she is like.

I have an upcoming cruise on Arcadia, and enjoyed watching this you tube video.

I'm really looking forward to my cruise now, have a great cruise :).

I have been following a blog on another site which has been posted at almost daily intervals by someone on the Arcadia World Cruise that is now coming to an end. She has been having an amazing time and at no point have I read about any particular problems on the ship. Yes things happen on a ship that is cruising day after day the whole year and when things happen they are attended to. I would go with no worries. I firmly believe that some reviews are written by people who haven't been on the cruise! I once read a review about a cruise I too had been on and there were some very fundamental errors which proved the writer had definitely not been on that cruise.

Just got back from Arcadias World Cruise. It was wonderful. :) There is nothing to worry about. The maintenance crew where on top of everything needing doing.

I can only comment on my cabins décor on Sun deck added in 2013 which was clean and in good condition. My Stewart spotted before I did the only thing that needed doing. The shower fitting (plastic) had cracked. The only problem was dust circulated by the air-conditioning.

She is looking good after ongoing refurbishments and major repairs. The Neptune pool skydome spent 1 day being repaired that included drilling away all rust, repainting and greasing the mechanism. Aquarius pool was drained, repaired and painted last week. 3 tender boats davits repaired. Most of Prom deck white paint and railings painted. Continuous washing of decks especially down wind of the funnels soot emissions. There were industrial dryers in 3 or 4 places, the worst I saw (and smelt) outside the shops on Prom deck.

I had no problems with my cabins toilet suction. Most people adhere to advise given re what can go down toilet. Nothing worse than having to report a problem. There was one officers tannoy announcement reminding passengers in as polite a way as possible what can go down.:eek: I noticed one of the public toilets was still out of service. Not a problem unless you are caught short as passengers are encouraged to use their own facilities.

Hi and welcome back from your world cruise.

Am sailing on Arcadia for the first time soon and have booked a cabin on Sun Deck.

Just wondered how you found the location. Never sailed so high up before. But was recommended this deck by my sister.

Thankyou

Welcome back from your cruise Scuttlebut, so glad you enjoyed it and thank you for taking the time to reassure me. I am very much looking forward to our cruise now, thanks to all of you lovely people taking the time to answer my post. I am looking forward now to meeting my fellow cruisers on the 22/11/17.

I booked this cruise because the cabin I wanted unexpectedly became available. I knew what to expect having been in a similar positioned cabin on Aurora. Large cabins. Yes it is high up and passengers are advised susceptible to more movement in rough seas. Described as midships all be it just so no problem there. Arcadia is designed for the north Atlantic and ocean voyages. Just looked at the log of cruise to remind me where we had rough seas. From San Francisco to Honolulu we had force 7 and 8 :evilsmile:. Arcadia rode it well :ship:. My cabin did creak a bit but nothing to make me feel sick.

The position is good for access to Crows Nest (no noise) :cocktail:, Spa, stair well and stairs, open deck and pool.