Divina Dining Changes Post-Dry Dock

cruiseguyinorl

After a meeting today with MSC, I discovered there are some significant changes to dining onboard the Divina since the dry dock. These changes took place starting with the October 8th sailing.

Main Dining Room

· Lunches in the main dining room have been discontinued except for Sea Days. (Same for Eataly and Ristorante Italia)

· There are now only two lunch menus which are rotated

· The dinner menu has been simplified and streamlined to offer quicker service

· Soups and Salads are all now under the Appetizers section in hopes you order either an appetizer, soup or salad (not all three – though you still can).

· Entrées have been changed to offer more recognizable dishes such as Hoki being replaced by grouper and many more (I saw a few and they look good)

· Lobster is now off the menu unless you purchase it ($19.95 for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pound) along with Colossal Shrimp Cocktail ($6.95) and Surf and Turf ($23.95)

· Lasagna has been added to the Always Available menu along with another item I don’t remember

· Other tweaks include removing some things from the menu to clean it up though they are still available by asking (i.e. dressings)

· The dinner menus begin over again every 14 days. (someone had asked this question)

· Kids menus have been discontinued

Eataly

All steaks will be Premium Signature Angus Beef that are hand-selected, grain fed and have exceptional marbling. Cuts will now include:

· Rib-Eye Steak 16oz

· Porterhouse Steak 23oz

· New York Strip Steak 12 oz

· Filet Mignon 8 oz

· Petite Filet 5 oz

Additionally during dry dock, representatives from the Eataly steakhouse franchise were onboard to teach the chefs how to properly prepare, handle, cook and serve the signature cuts of meat.

Sports Bar

As mentioned in another thread, the sports bar food is now complimentary. It is a modified menu but is very similar to the pre-dry dock one. Hamburgers, hot dogs, wings, etc. The sports bar will be open daily from 11AM until late.

There are some other minor changes to various things including the buffet but I wanted to highlight what I thought were the bigger changes for those folks that have sailed on the Divina previously.

Hope this helps.

Bret

Forgot to ask, do they still offer a pasta course or as an entree?

I'm sure they do. I didn't get to see all the menus. I did just remember though that it said they moved risotto to the Appetizer section.

And Pete, that might be a good idea. Will try to get my hands on some pics before I do though.

Bret

Pete, Bret, this is very valuable info so please add it to the "All Information" thread. I know others will find it interesting and valuable.

And thank you both for all your contributions.

For me, the only thing that bothers me is the part about MDR not being open on a daily basis, however, if the Sports Bar is open during that time, that negates any problem. ;) (I really dislike buffets and will avoid them as much as possible)

The fact that I don't have to get through 7 courses at dinner would be a good thing :D

Hmm, so I'm wondering if this will be "Divina" specific, all ships in the Caribbean, or will eventually spread to all of MSC. Over at Royal Caribbean, they just introduced a "new" streamlined (read less choices) menu on Oasis, with rumors it will spread fleetwide.

I loved the food before especially that it was leisurely and more courses! Shame they have done that. Not looking forward to January now quite as much as I was!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like Divina has been Americanised for people who cannot or will not adapt! this may well put off those in North America who actually liked the Italian way of doing things!

While I understand why MSC themselves would do this they are sort of cheating those people who want to sail on an Italian ship with something different, all they have now is another ship where things are little different to the others!

If you want to eat what you eat every day at home then you may as well stay at home in my opinion.

Sounds like Divina has been Americanised for people who cannot or will not adapt! this may well put off those in North America who actually liked the Italian way of doing things!

While I understand why MSC themselves would do this they are sort of cheating those people who want to sail on an Italian ship with something different, all they have now is another ship where things are little different to the others!

If you want to eat what you eat every day at home then you may as well stay at home in my opinion.

Totally agree with you !

Exactly! Kind of figured this would happen but was hoping it would take a bit longer.

There was a certain mystery about MSC, which some were really drawn to, now, it seems like we'll be cruising NCL with only slight differences.

Oh well, we'll see how this works out. There are few things that really bother me/us but being rushed through our meal on vacation especially, is definitely a turn-off. The other thing too, won't these changes discourage Europeans from cruising on MSC in the Caribbean?

I also agree! I have been looking forward to the more European way of things on board. Hopefully Le Muse won't be as rushed and we can still enjoy a leisurely meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly they are obviously listening to peoples complaints and comments.

I don't think people were complaining they were being served lobster on formal night.