Does nearly everyone get boarding time around 3/3.30pm?

Tikka234

On most posts here most say t h ere boarding times are around 3/3.30pm

We're sailing on Arcadia end July hoping our time will come soon, but as were staying at the Holiday inn night before was hoping for an earlier time we have balcony room on D Deck.

How many get these times?

Do we h a v e a chance of being any earlier?

I have had luggage labels sent to us, just waiting for boarding times

Thanks

On most posts here most say t h ere boarding times are around 3/3.30pm

We're sailing on Arcadia end July hoping our time will come soon, but as were staying at the Holiday inn night before was hoping for an earlier time we have balcony room on D Deck.

How many get these times?

Do we h a v e a chance of being any earlier?

I have had luggage labels sent to us, just waiting for boarding times

Thanks

If you trawl through the "Embarkation times - recent experiences" thread on this page, a kind CCer provided details of when embarkation times are "supposed" to be. They are organised by deck. According this we should expect to embark Aurora for our cruise in August at around 2.40 pm. Of course there always seem to be variations on this - people who turn up early and get straight on, people who turn up at the requested time and have to wait. I think the same thread has lots of useful suggestions about what to do if you are staying in Southampton overnight and have to vacate your hotel (shopping, spot of lunch, cruise lounges at other hotels, drop off luggage, go, then come back at allocated time, etc.). It's a lot to read through, but worth it! :D

These are the times which were posted for Arcadia.

Arcadia

Deck A: 15:00

Deck B: 15:00

Deck C: 14:40

Deck D: 13:30

Deck E: 14:00

Deck G: 13:00

Deck S: 13:00

They seem to be accurate from what others have said.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think one of the reasons there seem to be more times at 3:00-3:30 especially on the larger ships, is that P&O plan most coach arrivals between 2:00-2:30 and because of the numbers coming by coach there are only a few standard boarding times after 1:30 and before 2:45.

These are the times which were posted for Arcadia.

Arcadia

Deck A: 15:00

Deck B: 15:00

Deck C: 14:40

Deck D: 13:30

Deck E: 14:00

Deck G: 13:00

Deck S: 13:00

They seem to be accurate from what others have said.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would be great D Deck 13.30,

Thanks

To save going through the rather long embarkation thread, here's the document that was shared.

Has the embarkation times of all P&O ships.

Thanks that's looking g good for a early emarkation

According to that link that Chris11256 posted I should be on board earlier then expected next year for my Aurora cruise as I`ve got an A deck cabin.

I will be arriving from London to Southampton Central just before 12pm so thats great

And if I book it (which I probably will ) I should be on board Britannia in my L Deck cabin at 13:30 !!

I don't understand as everyone on our coach is boarding at 1.30 I doubt very much we r on the same level on the. Ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're using the coach service booked through/by P&O your coach arrival time will always override the arrival time on your e-ticket. We had an arrival time of 13:30 as we were on E deck but the coach arrived at 13:45 and we were in our cabin by 14:30. :)

Dan

An addendum to all this this is that all Peninsular Club members who are Caribbean Tier and above can board at 1pm regardless of their given boarding time, and all Ligurian Tier members and Suite guests automatically get given 12:30pm as their boarding time.

I'm on E deck on Britannia soon, I've got a 2.30 time which I'm happy with after 3.30 last cruise. I'll aim to be there about an hour early and hope we get on a bit early. No worries, I'll have my kindle and will people watch while I wait [emoji51]