Carnival Stockholder OBC on Princess

Native Floridian 26

I've always received the benefit on Carnival and we are soon traveling on our first Princess cruise since we've had the stock. The benefits say "Employees,travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer."

Does that mean if I received reduced pricing from my travel agent, that I don't get the onboard credit? I need to book this right away, so I appreciate anyone who knows this answer.

Edited by tzais01

I've always received the benefit on Carnival and we are soon traveling on our first Princess cruise since we've had the stock. The benefits say "Employees,travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer."

Does that mean if I received reduced pricing from my travel agent, that I don't get the onboard credit? I need to book this right away, so I appreciate anyone who knows this answer.

You'll get the shareholder OBC benefit with a TA discounted rate which many of us do frequently.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It is only not available if yon get the family rate which is very low and you do not get your days counted either ie if you have a member of the family as a crew member and get special prices not reduced TA fares

It is only not available if yon get the family rate which is very low and you do not get your days counted either ie if you have a member of the family as a crew member and get special prices not reduced TA fares

Days and cruise credits are accrued towards status at friends and family prices, but you don't get any of the status (gold, ruby, platinum, elite) benefits, military OBC or shareholders benefit. The friends and family prices usually make up for the loss in benefits by a huge margin.

What is a "family rate"?

Family of the crew/staff of the ship.

On our most recent cruise, the Maitre D' had his mother on board and the Staff Captain had his wife and 2 kids (it was Christmas). We were told by the head waiter that they were sailing for free.

There is a limit to how many and times/year that crew can have family on the ship with them.

Family of the crew/staff of the ship.

On our most recent cruise, the Maitre D' had his mother on board and the Staff Captain had his wife and 2 kids (it was Christmas). We were told by the head waiter that they were sailing for free.

There is a limit to how many and times/year that crew can have family on the ship with them.

Thank you, should of been able to figure that out. :o

We always get a discount from our TA and also get the shareholder OBC on Princess.

The discount you get from your TA is not the same as a discounted rate a TA might get as an incentive or bonus. That special TA rate is for the TA only and will not qualify for any status benefits, military OBC or shareholders OBC.

Thanks for all the answers. One more question, and I apologize if this was answered before also.

The twice as nice sale gives us $300 OBC. I still get the stockholder credit too?

Greetings from sarasota////No need to apologize for asking the questions… you''ll get both credits …the stockholders benefit is a beautiful thing.

Have a safe cruise!

Can someone just make a sticky on this topic already? There must be at least two new questions about shareholder and military OBC every day or two.

Whats a sticky?

I thought this was a great question and havent been able to see an answer until now.. Thanks so much!

Whats a sticky?

I thought this was a great question and havent been able to see an answer until now.. Thanks so much!

A sticky is at the top of the Princess forum that CC deems are subjects that are frequently asked such as the smoking sticky & CC also uses stickies to share info with us such as the 3,000+ photos of the Regal Princess.

In reality there are many, many repeated subjects but if each one became a sticky there would be too many stickies. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does anyone know what the average turnaround time is from faxing request to seeing the onboard credit? I don't want to bug them if it taking a long time for processing... Should I fax the request in again a second time at some point or call (cruise is at end of March 2016)?

Thanks!

Sue from California

Does anyone know what the average turnaround time is from faxing request to seeing the onboard credit? I don't want to bug them if it taking a long time for processing... Should I fax the request in again a second time at some point or call (cruise is at end of March 2016)?

Thanks!

Sue from California

I faxed mine on Monday at 2:30 PM and it was in my Cruise Personalizer on Thursday at 9:30 AM. On another thread someone faxed it on Sunday night & had it on Tuesday.

I don't think they work on weekends so if you faxed it today then based on my experience this week it would be issued by Wednesday.

I wouldn't resubmit my request until calling them to check if my fax was received (they ask for your fax phone #, date & time faxed). By providing that info for a request several years ago they immediately processed it while talking to them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I mailed it in and the OBC was credited in about a week (including mailing time).

I know this topic does pop up from time to time - and thanks that it did! I had been watching the stock since last November when it was at $55 and was able to get the other day for $41! Yay!! I had been toying with the idea and almost purchased when it was briefly below $50....got busy and it went back up - then randomly checked and about fell off my chair.

Can't wait to make this the most fun stock purchase for years to come. :p

I know this topic does pop up from time to time - and thanks that it did! I had been watching the stock since last November when it was at $55 and was able to get the other day for $41! Yay!! I had been toying with the idea and almost purchased when it was briefly below $50....got busy and it went back up - then randomly checked and about fell off my chair.

Can't wait to make this the most fun stock purchase for years to come. :p

We bought ours in mid 2011 for under $30 per share and have sailed enough to make up our investment in OBC plus the share price has increased. That's merely a profit on paper & hopefully when we decide to sell the shares we'll still make a profit.

We bought ours in mid 2011 for under $30 per share and have sailed enough to make up our investment in OBC plus the share price has increased. That's merely a profit on paper & hopefully when we decide to sell the shares we'll still make a profit.

I had my doubts it would go that low again. It was almost below $40 when i was on the phone...by the time it went through it was higher. I know it's a long haul profit but certainly a buy in price now for those of us wanting to make the "plunge"! We are going to keep cruising regardless!!