3 day half term booze cruise?

Presto2

Have just seen a 3 day cruise to Bruges on Ventura for October Half term. It is mid week, going on the Thursday and returning on the Sunday morning.

Is it likely to be a 'booze cruise' / hen parties etc etc?

Thanks

Have just seen a 3 day cruise to Bruges on Ventura for October Half term. It is mid week, going on the Thursday and returning on the Sunday morning.

Is it likely to be a 'booze cruise' / hen parties etc etc?

Thanks

I think the "booze cruises" are usually more often than not on the 2 night cruises. The 3 night ones being slightly more expensive not so much.

Have to say any we have done there has not been any bad behaviour. Noisy sometimes, but that is it. People tend to go all out on the formal nights on these cruises , I saw some beautiful dresses on them.

Never been on Ventura ,but would guess the above still applies.

You may get more children on it, being half term in some parts of the country, but from what people have posted in the past, the children's clubs are soo good you may not even know they are on board.

Plus have also realised you said October, so too early for Christmas dos and too late for weddings.

Edited by the english lady

I think the "booze cruises" are usually more often than not on the 2 night cruises. The 3 night ones being slightly more expensive not so much.

Have to say any we have done there has not been any bad behaviour. Noisy sometimes, but that is it. People tend to go all out on the formal nights on these cruises , I saw some beautiful dresses on them.

You may get more children on it, being half term in some parts of the country, but from what people have posted in the past, the children's clubs are soo good you may not even know they are on board.

Plus have also realised you said October, so too early for Christmas dos and too late for weddings.

Thanks - we work in a school so are used to the children during the holidays :)

We have already booked a 17 night cruise for next August and thought that this would kill 2 birds with one stone - a nice birthday break and the chance to check out the cabin and ship to make sure that we like our choice before spending 17 nights on her :)

We sailed on this ship during the school holiday 500+ kids on and a complete nightmare with parents just abdicating. I would never sail again during school holidays.

We sailed on this ship during the school holiday 500+ kids on and a complete nightmare with parents just abdicating. I would never sail again during school holidays.

We have to sail in the school holidays, so I suppose we are used to it...

We have sailed on Ventura 3 times including once in school holidays and have never found a problem with children. Most of them are happy with the childrens clubs.You may get badly behaved children but the same goes for adults!! We like a good mix of ages.:)

We've done quite a lot of short cruises on P&O and I've never really noticed any difference other than at check-in when you see hen parties with matching outfits. I did notice a difference on Princess, possibly because they do all inclusive drinks packages, or, it could just be me being more sensitive to the differences in the brand.

I went on a 3 nighter with my daughter a few years ago. It was a different atmosphere a bit more of a party flavour. But it was all very well behaved a nice to see groups of people enjoying themselves. There was also a wedding on board. Really enjoyed the cruise and made for great people watching. I would not judge a short cruise on whether you will like a ship ir not though. I think the destinations make the atmosphere as well. A cruise to Norway has a different feeling from a cruise to the med.

We have done a few 2-3 day cruises and yes it's a bit more of a party ship it all in good spirits. we found most people dress for dinner and even the little ones (usually quite a few kids onboard) are dressed on formal night . It was nice to see families with three generations all enjoying themselves

I've done quite a few of the 2,3 and 4 nighters now,,I love them! Done them on Azura ,,Ventura and Britannia ,,Azura wins hands down!! Although Ventura does have the covered pool,,but Azura has the sea screen,,Hmmm,, which is best,,only one way to find out,,as Harry hill would say!

I've done quite a few of the 2,3 and 4 nighters now,,I love them! Done them on Azura ,,Ventura and Britannia ,,Azura wins hands down!! Although Ventura does have the covered pool,,but Azura has the sea screen,,Hmmm,, which is best,,only one way to find out,,as Harry hill would say!

Thanks - had forgotten about the covered pool :-)

I suppose we are unsure as it is a mini cruise and as we have quite a journey to get to Southampton we are trying to decide if the 3 days will be worth it or of we stay on land .... mmm.

Sadly, we a re not in the delta quadrant ;-)

I suppose we are unsure as it is a mini cruise and as we have quite a journey to get to Southampton we are trying to decide if the 3 days will be worth it or of we stay on land .... mmm.

Just do it! What will you do if you stay at home?? If you are teachers that probably means lesson plans and marking and endless other stuff that nobody realises you do! My son is a maths teacher in a secondary school so I see first hand how hard teachers really work. You could have a night or two down south before the cruise? Make a longer trip of it. Bournemouth,,Poole,,the new forest,,Portsmouth,,all within an hour of Southampton. We've got friends in Poole and Southampton area so we always come down the day before to see at least one of them.,,it's a long way from the delta quadrant!

Or stay a couple of days in my new favourite place.

the Boathouse Hotel in Hythe. Get the cute little ferry across to Southampton docks, as you will probably only have 1 case each. Perfect..you will be able to see if your ship is there before leaving Hythe

We've done quite a lot of short cruises on P&O and I've never really noticed any difference other than at check-in when you see hen parties with matching outfits. I did notice a difference on Princess, possibly because they do all inclusive drinks packages, or, it could just be me being more sensitive to the differences in the brand.

I have done many two nighters on P&O and encountered lots of hen party groups they do not normally affect the cruise, only once did this happen when two girls were dancing on the dance floor and the Robbie Williams tribute act wanted to sing from the floor and they would not vacate it.

Normally these groups just have matching outfits for set times and might wear sashes in the evening. However I did notice on a recent three nighter on Princess a massive Hen group. They only were noticed by me on one night but their costumes were unbelievable; they had dressed completely like foxes, devils, Alice in Wonderland, full make up, masks and everything. Their costumes were immaculate. People who saw them were shocked at how good they were.

Regards John

Thanks everyone - so many reasons why we should go and book it.

DON'T laugh, but we normally spend 4 days in Blackpool for our Half term Break (mid week when it is families and the Illuminations) so we are not too worried about the Hen parties I suppose :) On reflection, sometimes it is quite funny to watch. Last year we spent 5 days in Rome ................

It is just a long way to travel down for a few days at sea though re Southampton and we would be travelling back the day before we get back to work. It can be a long drive home.

Re Capper and your comments - thanks for 'getting it' :-)

One of the other concerns we have is that we book a 3 day cruise and we don't get on the ship on the first day until about 4pm ....................................... mmmm.

Now that is another thread and, as many of you know I have been quite vocal about it. If we go on Royal Caribbean and the IOS we get early boarding times as previous Celebrity cruisers.

Decisions, decisions

Or you could do what I do every October half term and go to Benidorm :) the sun shines nicely and the entertainment is brilliant and free!!

Ah but Blackpool has donkeys & candy floss, and the bracing Blackpool air :D

Ah but Blackpool has donkeys & candy floss, and the bracing Blackpool air :D

Yes but,,,Benidorm has the legend that is sticky Vicky ,,photo opps with Mateo the waiter ,,at least 2 Elvis's,,should that be Elvi ( plural) and my absolute favourites,,Shoewaddywaddy!!

I ❤️ Lynton & Lynmouth, costs a fraction of the price of cruising and I have an equally lovely time [emoji2]

Good choice Florry! My favourite county.......!

And of course, has its own funicular!

Edited by Mysticalmother

Good choice Florry! My favourite county.......!

And of course, has its own funicular!

We were in Ilfracombe for the first time at Easter and fell in love with North Devon and Lynmouth particularly. :-) Lovely part of the world. :)

• 1 month later...

we've (me and my sisters) booked on this cruise for one of my sisters 60th birthday, we all felt it was more of a treat than just going seeing a show, or a short break. i also work in a school so struggle.

we're looking forward to a few glasses of fizz in our cabin and then just going to enjoy ourselves, we've already started to think what dresses etc to take. hopefully it will be a bit calmer that the 2 nighters, although we all still love a boogie.

my sister lives near blackpool so we're meeting there and then driving down the day before to make it more of a holiday