Safes

Use any old card that has a magnetic strip.

I have reward cards from a local pharmacy or movie theater that I use.

I have never seen a driver's license with a magnetic strip but I would NOT use it just in case it messes it up somehow.

Many of the ships have safes where you swipe your card to open and lock them They do not have pins that you set.

We just use a card we can hide in the room, empty gift card, store rewards car, etc.... I'm told that staff can break into the safes if you're left at port and need your passport to fly to the next port (we use passport ids at port.) -- in case you're worried about losing the card

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by loretta5ue

I use an old AARP card then hide the card in the room. That way if a cabin mate needs to get into the safe when no one else is in the cabin, they can gain access to it.

Since the Bibles are gone now, I will have to resort to a different hiding spot if I ever travel with a room mate. Since it's usually just me, I punch a hole in and old gift card and put it on my lanyard with my S&S card.

If you have a library card that has a magnetic stripe on it, that will work too. I've done that before. Whatever card you use (old gift card, library card, etc.), just pick a hiding place in your cabin and leave it there. In the pocket of an article of clothing in your cabin is one of several possibilities.;)

I've used an AARP card and a AAA Auto Club card as well as a zeroed out gift card, including Carnival's, to lock the safe in a cabin.

I do prefer the safes that can use a 4 digit code from a key pad, then I have one less thing to carry about.

Edited by evandbob

Since the Bibles are gone now, I will have to resort to a different hiding spot if I ever travel with a room mate. Since it's usually just me, I punch a hole in and old gift card and put it on my lanyard with my S&S card.

The Bible was still on the Conquest in March....it had dust on the cover so I thought what a perfect place to put the gift card....no one looks in here 🙈

Did they do away with all the bibles since then?

The Bible was still on the Conquest in March....it had dust on the cover so I thought what a perfect place to put the gift card....no one looks in here [emoji85]

Did they do away with all the bibles since then?

They have been gone on the Glory since last year. That too was my hiding spot for my safe card.