Electrical outlets in bathrooms

rdcruisin

I'm sailing on the Grandeur in a Grand Suite and was wondering if you could plug in a hair dryer in the bathroom?

The bathrooms normally only have one outlet for an electric shaver, i.e., low power.

nope. only one plug and for electric shavers ONLY.

the hair dryer is in the drawer by the desk and makeup mirror. that is also where the vast majority of outlets are.

And that area is right next to the bed, right? Is there some other plugs out in the sitting area that I could use with a hair dryer?

And that area is right next to the bed, right? Is there some other plugs out in the sitting area that I could use with a hair dryer?

Yes, the vanity is right next to the bed. No other outlets that I know of.

Edited by clarea

Bob,

Is the bathroom outlet 110 and be used for a highlight?

I'm not sure it's the same on all ships and stateroom types, but the ones I have seen are combo US/Euro outlets. Not sure what you mean by highlight.

I'm not sure it's the same on all ships and stateroom types, but the ones I have seen are combo US/Euro outlets. Not sure what you mean by highlight.

HaHa…poor typing skills….meant nightlight.:D

However if is works for both US and European it most likely requires a device that adjusts for both 110 and 220.

I'm glad I've never put a nightlight in that outlet.:eek:

No, it's one outlet, and it has plugs for both US and Euro, they just occupy the same space if that makes sense. The US plug is 110V and the Euro plug is 230V.

Nightlight should work, electrically. Only thing is that the outlet is usually on the ceiling or in the overheard light fixture, so there may be a physical problem fitting the nightlight there.

It probably depends on what kind of cabin you are in.

Most standard cabins, not suites, have a desk area, with mirror and plugs. The room hair dryer is in a drawer there. There is a desk chair there. The "sitting area" is usually a couch or love seat across from the desk. It 's a small area.

nope. the vanity/desk is it. I don't remember if there is an outlet by the divider that holds the drawers and mini fridge(cooler) but I suppose if there was you could use the floor to ceiling mirror over there. the ones for the TV and lights are NOT easily reachable.

honestly the vanity is fine. the mirror is lighted.

It probably depends on what kind of cabin you are in.

Most standard cabins, not suites, have a desk area, with mirror and plugs. The room hair dryer is in a drawer there. There is a desk chair there. The "sitting area" is usually a couch or love seat across from the desk. It 's a small area.

OP already stated they are in a GS and the vanity is next to the bed. the extra space in a GS is in the larger living area and a larger closet/drawer set up.

I always am fine using the vanity set up to do my hair.

Bob,

Is the bathroom outlet 110 and OK for a highlight?

nope. we have a battery operate LED light with a built in hook that we hang over the shower curtain.

alternatively.. battery operated flameless candles.

it is the one design flaw of cabins.. that and the switch is in a weird spot

nothing worse than stubbing your toe on that little lip in the middle of the night because flipping the switch blinds you with the equivalence of staring directly into the sun.

I have tried to plug in a nightlight in the bathroom on Grandeur and it would not fit in that plug. I could reach it but it wouldn't work.

I bought a package of little battery operated tea lights and take a few of those on cruises. Just turn one on and leave it in the bathroom at night. It will last a couple of nights, throw it away and use another one. Works great.

Edited by dixieva

nope. the vanity/desk is it. I don't remember if there is an outlet by the divider that holds the drawers and mini fridge(cooler) but I suppose if there was you could use the floor to ceiling mirror over there. the ones for the TV and lights are NOT easily reachable.

honestly the vanity is fine. the mirror is lighted.

Thanks so much for the info. The problem I have is that I'm sailing with my sister and she sleeps later than I do. I was hoping not to have to blow dry my hair right near the bed. Oh well, she'll just have to get up and att em!!

If you're staying in a GS, there are outlets throughout the stateroom...the vanity, behind the TV, and at then other end of the Sofa behind the end table....

The end table is where I charge my I-pod, laptop, etc.

My wife generally claims the entire vanity.

As far as a night lite, the entire wall facing the balcony is glass, and we keep the curtains drawn on one small section that lets just enough ambient light in.

Edited by B-52