Caribbean Princess Cabin Information

BlackJack2

We are booked into cabin C633 on the Caribe Deck. Looking at the deck plans, it looks like the life boats are directly under us. Are the life boats noticeable from the balcony of cabin 633?

What is the biggest disadvantage of an uncovered balcony? We want to keep our mini suite. on dolphin. is it because of rain? what exactly is above us? think I'll be looking out to sea!

To some, the constant sun on a nice day is a disadvantage.

We are booked into cabin C633 on the Caribe Deck. Looking at the deck plans, it looks like the life boats are directly under us. Are the life boats noticeable from the balcony of cabin 633?

I believe the Carib Princess has cantilevered decks like many of the Princess ships and I am not where I can look right now. I also believe the life boats do protrude beneath you somewhat as well as the other decks below. Perhaps someone can confirm who has photo to show.

No. Looking straight down from your balcony on Caribe deck you will see the fully exposed balcony of the Dolphin deck mini-suite below you. The lifeboats are underneath the balconies of the mini-suites. Edited by IECalCruiser

No. Looking straight down from your balcony on Caribe deck you will see the fully exposed balcony of the Dolphin deck mini-suite below you. The lifeboats are underneath the balconies of the mini-suites.

Okay I am back at office and have photo. You can also find photo on line for a visual if you google "exterior photo Caribbean Princess". Very good info above and yes, as stated, lifeboats are underneath and yes on balcony open below as decks are recessed or cantilevered as I call it.

Much to the disappointment of some "sun worshippers", the uncovered balconies on Dolphin Deck are not it full sun all day.

It totally depends on the angle of the sun and how the sun is hitting the ship.

Often, on these balconies either the port side or the starboard side will be in complete shade.

Also, the side panels between the balconies will normally provide shade on one side of the balcony or the other.

It always depends on the angle of the sun .... ;)

LuLu

Much to the disappointment of some "sun worshippers", the uncovered balconies on Dolphin Deck are not it full sun all day.

It totally depends on the angle of the sun and how the sun is hitting the ship.

Often, on these balconies either the port side or the starboard side will be in complete shade.

Also, the side panels between the balconies will normally provide shade on one side of the balcony or the other.

It always depends on the angle of the sun .... ;)

LuLu

Uncovered balconies are often shaded at least half of any given day and fully covered balconies often have some sun at least part of the day. It all depends upon the direction the ship is sailing. "Covered" only means that those looking down from above can't see you on your balcony.

If you can live without the balcony - check out the Window Suite prices. Full Suite benefits and depending on where your balcony/mini suite cabin would be located, the Window Suite could be less.

We sailed in a Window Suite earlier this year and it was awesome!

We have three connecting balcony cabins on the Caribe deck on the Caribbean Princess. Can the room stewards open the doors between the balconies and leave them open for the entire cruise?

Yes they can. We had 5 cabins a row on our Alaska cruise and our steward opened all of the balcony doors for us. It made it very easy for us to go between cabins and to enjoy the outdoors all together.

• 4 weeks later...