Freedom of The Seas Cabin #9628

Hello,

I've just booked cabin #9628 on Freedom of the Seas but have learned, unfortunately after the fact, that it's only steps away from the elevators. I'm very concerned about the level of noise as my husband prefers a quiet room and I was wondering exactly how noisy we could expect it to be. I'm considering changing to another cabin which is about 4 cabins away from the elevators but first would appreciate some insight from anyone who has stayed in cabin 9628. We've sailed only twice before, both times on Allure of the Seas, but I never really paid much attention to the cabins closest to the elevators at the time, I was too overwhelmed by the enormity and grandeur of the ship. I would be very grateful and apreciative for any advice you can share with me. Thank you so much.

We were in 9620 on sister ship Liberty last year and will be in 9630 in 2 weeks. I've never noticed any noise from the elevators on several cruises. I DO carry ear plugs just in case anytime I travel.

RCI does a great job with design. Elevators and stairs are in a foyer....no passenger cabin hall is open to public areas. It's very convenient being near the elevator/stairs. You will leave your cabin, go to the right, about 3 cabins or so, and take a left into the foyer. No worries.

Don't change this cabin! You have a great location ! ... We've actually been in #9638 (down the hall) a few times and loved it so much...I specifically booked again for a B2B on Freedom for 2018. As said above they are in a different foyer...the only reason you'll know their even there is going to be how convenient they are...Enjoy !!

Thank you all, I feel so much better after reading your responses. Now that you've relieved my anxiety about the possibility of noise I can better appreciate our cabin's proximity to the elevators. On the previous two sailings our cabins were quite a distance from them so this will be a welcome change. Thank you so much for your kind and helpful advice and responses!

Claire

Thank you all, I feel so much better after reading your responses. Now that you've relieved my anxiety about the possibility of noise I can better appreciate our cabin's proximity to the elevators. On the previous two sailings our cabins were quite a distance from them so this will be a welcome change. Thank you so much for your kind and helpful advice and responses!

Claire

You're very welcome...enjoy that cabin location.

We were on Indy in rooms 6336, 6338, 6340 and loved the location. Never had any noise issues. Since you are just at the beginning of the hump, you shouldn't have issues. We liked being close to the elevators so we didn't have so far to walk. We enjoyed these rooms so much that we booked hump cabins again for our Freedom cruise this coming December.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in 9620 on sister ship Liberty last year and will be in 9630 in 2 weeks. I've never noticed any noise from the elevators on several cruises. I DO carry ear plugs just in case anytime I travel.

We were in JS 9326 on Independence April 28 and no noise at all.

We were in 9340 center hump. It is the first room you see when you come from the elevator/stairs foyer into the hallway. No noise problems at all! The elevator location was convenient even though I found myself using the forward elevators a lot because those were less used and less crowded than the midship elevators! :cool: