Live from Serenade of the Seas (May 20, 2017 to May 27, 2017 - Baltic Cruise)

Hey everyone,

I am getting ready to leave on my first cruise, and I am going to do my best to do a live review as we go along. I have really enjoyed reading other people's live reviews over the past six months or so I have been a member and want to pay it forward, such as it were.

This cruise was a 65th birthday gift to my mother, so I am traveling with both my parents, who are both 65, and who have never been on a cruise. We have all been to Europe, although never together, so this is a trip of firsts.

We head out on an overnight flight on Thursday for Copenhagen, transiting through Heathrow. We got an utterly amazing deal on the flights ($412 per person, round trip from Boston) on British Airways. Friday night and Saturday morning we will explore Copenhagen before heading to meet our ship. Other destinations include Stockholm, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, and Helsinki.

I hope to post lots of pictures, both of the destinations and of all the various goings on on Serenade. I will also my best to answer questions, post MDR menus, figure out drink prices, and whatever else I can think of on this journey.

Off to bed and then a crazy day at work - but then it's off on this grand adventure.

~Sarah

Hey everyone,

I am getting ready to leave on my first cruise, and I am going to do my best to do a live review as we go along. I have really enjoyed reading other people's live reviews over the past six months or so I have been a member and want to pay it forward, such as it were.

This cruise was a 65th birthday gift to my mother, so I am traveling with both my parents, who are both 65, and who have never been on a cruise. We have all been to Europe, although never together, so this is a trip of firsts.

We head out on an overnight flight on Thursday for Copenhagen, transiting through Heathrow. We got an utterly amazing deal on the flights ($412 per person, round trip from Boston) on British Airways. Friday night and Saturday morning we will explore Copenhagen before heading to meet our ship. Other destinations include Stockholm, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, and Helsinki.

I hope to post lots of pictures, both of the destinations and of all the various goings on on Serenade. I will also my best to answer questions, post MDR menus, figure out drink prices, and whatever else I can think of on this journey.

Off to bed and then a crazy day at work - but then it's off on this grand adventure.

~Sarah

Hi Sarah

Enjoy your trip and looking forward to your review. I will be on the Serenade in October and I can hardly wait.

Bon Voyage

Collette

We have managed to make it on the plane. Terminal E at Logan was highly unpleasant and BA's computer systems is ... antiquated. There is so little leg room I am contemplating putting my sneakers in the overhead. But I digress. Because in six hours, I will be in London.

Next report will hopefully be from Heathrow.

I will be on the Navigator of the Seas in a couple of weeks and while not on the same ship looking forward to your review as we are visiting many of the same ports. Thanks for offering to post the menus as well

Rubyfisch, thank you for starting this thread. I'll check your posting as often as possible together a few tips

We will be boarding Serenade on the 27th May when you get off.

Two things I would be keen to know prior to boarding, which might help us in our pre cruise purchases.

Is the free serve coffee Lavazza? if it is great, problem solved, no need to bring our own supplies.

Secondly is the tonic water served in the Bars 'Royal Club'? If it is we may need to pick up alternative supplies in Copenhagen.

many thanks

Norn Iron

Is the free serve coffee Lavazza? if it is great, problem solved, no need to bring our own supplies.

Secondly is the tonic water served in the Bars 'Royal Club'? If it is we may need to pick up alternative supplies in Copenhagen.

I will do my best - if I don't remember, feel free to ping me.

It's been quite the day (which I am fairly certain started about three days ago ...). We tool the train fromvthe airport to the city center. It cost 36 DK and took about 15 minutes. Note - if you are trying to get to Copenhagen central station, it is a train and not the metro. Even with our seemingly endless luggage and my mother's mobility issues, we managed to get downtown without too much trouble.

We are staying in an appartment at the Ascot, which is absolutely lovely (if somewhat challenging for the mobility impaires.) It has a lot of the pluses of an AirBnB with a front desk and the benefits of a hotel. It's got a double bed and pull out, as well as a kitchenette. There are two grocery stores just down the street, Irma and Roma 1000. We got fruit, bread, cheese, and hummus for dinner as well as some Danish beer and chocolate.

We also have a lovely view from the 5th floor.

ae1a8937c6f59d04cd3e618eec736f27.jpgf3c3eae7734960c2b4761ee9f9aa77d6.jpg10a08644191be323a6e6f098ad7826d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tonight we wanted to see Tivoli all lit up. It was a ton of fun and a beautiful night, but it much more expensive on Friday night. We thought it was totally worth it, but just wanted flag that for you all.0f380cdf245f5b154081318515c9e6e4.jpg0c2e79d29833779fbea9b1035ed15a55.jpg2579b882de58388e259c72a146d87dc4.jpg96d152c09571f7742dac3576ea761a1e.jpgc16d92469157afccde713132edce30de.jpg0a5f8c32275089520ce1b1c79866ba49.jpg

Totally enjoying all of your pictures. Got to ask.....what camera are you using? They are just so sharp.

I'm using my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7). I have found even when I pack an actual camera, I end up using my phone, so I have just given in to only using it.