On Odyssey now

margbem

Our first time on the "big ships' after many cruises on the triplets. The food and service is fabulous. Some familiar staff faces which is lovely, including Eddie in the restaurant who greeted us with a hug! Love the bathroom with its separate shower and a proper balcony. The NF champagne is OK this time after being undrinkable so times. Will do a review when we are back.

Our first time on the "big ships' after many cruises on the triplets. The food and service is fabulous. Some familiar staff faces which is lovely, including Eddie in the restaurant who greeted us with a hug! Love the bathroom with its separate shower and a proper balcony. The NF champagne is OK this time after being undrinkable so times. Will do a review when we are back.

Lucky you, please don't drink all the NF before we get on October 1. Enjoy

Looking forward to it.

Could you lets us know the current captain, hotel manager and maitre'd if you have chance.

The captain is David Bathgate who came on early to replace Capt Stig who went off for a back op, we were told. Didn't take notice who the others were, sorry. The CD is a new chap, Ross Roberts. He was lovely. Very funny at Trivia and very friendly. We weren't impressed by the singers. We loved the Phillipino band on the small ships.

The rumour about the Bolly champagne is true. It will debut on the Encore. Yipee!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your updates, especially as it's your first time on one of the 'big sisters'. It sounds as if you're very much enjoying it. Have a wonderful cruise!

Oh and thanks for the information about the Bollinger, great news. It isn't my favourite but it's better than the NF.

We were on sojourn last month and you are right - the NF seemed far more drinkable. Perhaps its a better year. However the change to Bollinger is wonderful news, a definite upgrade and one of my favourites. Yet another reason to book another Seabourn cruise next year.

We will be on Odyssey next month so look forward to hearing more about your cruise.

The captain is David Bathgate who came on early to replace Capt Stig who went off for a back op, we were told. Didn't take notice who the others were, sorry. The CD is a new chap, Ross Roberts. He was lovely. Very funny at Trivia and very friendly. We weren't impressed by the singers. We loved the Phillipino band on the small ships.

The rumour about the Bolly champagne is true. It will debut on the Encore. Yipee!!

How long is Eddie on for? We board on 22 Oct for 17 nights, really looking forward to renewing acquaintances

Eddie got off mid cruise unfortunately. He is so lovely! But everyone else was too, so it didn't matter, although it was good to be greeted by him on our first night.

Eddie got off mid cruise unfortunately. He is so lovely! But everyone else was too, so it didn't matter, although it was good to be greeted by him on our first night.

Eddie is really lovely. He and Marianna are soon to be parents so we wish them well with their new baby.

I hope you are having a lovely time on your cruise margbem.

Julie

Eddie is really lovely. He and Marianna are soon to be parents so we wish them well with their new baby.

I hope you are having a lovely time on your cruise margbem.

Julie

Thank you, Frantic36! We actually disembarked yesterday and are now in blisteringly hot Athens for a few days.

I hope we sail with Eddie again and wish him well with his new arrival.