Conquest Steakhouse - Quick Review!

TravelLots

The free wine is your choice of a Chard or a Merlot. The real value is that the entire wine list is 50% off for the meal. So if your prefer a bottle of something different, this is the time to order it.

Love the steakhouse but thought the free chardonnay was not quite worth what we paid for it.

My friend LOVED her lobster bisque. She said there was a lot of lobster in it. But the four little tan items that you see is some sort of special crouton.

can you get more than one appetizer per person like in the dining room?

can you get more than one appetizer per person like in the dining room?

You can get more than one of any things except for the entree.

I think it's $20 for a second entree but I could be mistaken on the price.

The dress code is the prevailing dress code for the evening. When it is casual elegant, that is perfectly acceptable. Some do choose to dress a bit nicer, however.

No smoking.

On Pride and Freedom, I have never made reservations before embarking. Plenty of reservations were available once on the ship.

I always go online or call from the Carnival website before I come. But I really don't think that's necessary. The Steakhouse is never fully when we are there.

• 4 weeks later...

Just FYI You can ask for the dessert to go. Hubby can't eat 3 courses all at once. He ordered the cheesecake to go and had a midnight snack of it :) Same for Cuccina on the ships that have them, and even the MDR, some times he was too full for his cake so he just asked for it in a container he could take. Usually they just dome it for him and let him take it, but in Cucina they actually put it in a to go box (a cute one too!).

The free wine is your choice of a Chard or a Merlot. The real value is that the entire wine list is 50% off for the meal. So if your prefer a bottle of something different, this is the time to order it.

Great review and great to know...thanks...that is a plan...Sarah

• 1 month later...

Regarding the free wine - the chardonnay isn't the greatest, but the merlot is fairly good actually!

Can hardly wait to eat at the Steakhouse on my first night of Conquest cruise coming up in 7 weeks!!

• 2 months later...

Never ate in steakhouse - just wondering what happens to the rest of the bottle of wine (either the "free" one or buying one at 50% off) if you don't drink it during dinner? My Mom drinks wine but I, of course, do not. Can she "save" the rest of the bottle or take it to the cabin or what?

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)

WOW, those are HUGE steaks! :eek:

Have not partaken of the Carnival steak house yet, but on the Allure I remember the steaks being crazy huge and I am a steak lover. I did book the steakhouse fir our upcoming Dream/Journeys cruise this Jan, looks like I will not be eating much that day before.......:cool:

• 2 months later...

I want to take advantage of the Free bottle of wine on the first night at the Steakhouse. Hubby does not drink and I know I will not finish the entire bottle :rolleyes: Can I request the bottle to be served to me in the main dining room for the rest of cruise?

I want to take advantage of the Free bottle of wine on the first night at the Steakhouse. Hubby does not drink and I know I will not finish the entire bottle :rolleyes: Can I request the bottle to be served to me in the main dining room for the rest of cruise?

Yes, you can request the bottle to be served in the main dining room for the rest of cruise. I have done this a few times. Just make it clear to your server and they will put your cabin number on the wine bottle.

Besides the first night of the cruise, the steakhouse also offers the free bottle of wine on "the first elegant night in the Main Dining Room". This is usually the second night on most cruises.

What's the dress code? And did you make reservations prior to boarding? Is smoking allowed? Thanks for the review!

Dress code is casual elegant--even night 1 you can't wear shorts so be sure to pack long pants or dress in carry on.

Reserve by emailing maitre d' before leaving.

No smoking.

Yes, you can request the bottle to be served in the main dining room for the rest of cruise. I have done this a few times. Just make it clear to your server and they will put your cabin number on the wine bottle.

Besides the first night of the cruise, the steakhouse also offers the free bottle of wine on "the first elegant night in the Main Dining Room". This is usually the second night on most cruises.

Thanks for your reply, this is really good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

RE: the free wine or wine discount, I read on another thread the gentleman said you can order as many bottles as you want to 50%, but only on this night and the 2nd elegant night also has this offer. You do not have to drink all at same time. He said something like it was a great night to get an expensive bottle of champagne for 50%. You can have the MD hold your bottles for you no problem. So for those you plan on partaking of wine throughout the week, this sounds like a great idea!