Chef's table is it worth it ?

Nascars29

Is it worth it...? YES! If you are a foodie this is the event for you. With regards to wine - they serve Champagne in the beginning, a red and a white during the actual dinner. If they pour short for you - simply ask for more and they will be happy to pour more.

We just finished our Triumph cruise (sailing date 5/18) and the Chef's Table was held on the 2nd night this time. For us that was perfect as we had a lot of things planned for Cozumel the next day.

On previous cruises, we have had the Chef's Table on a port day and on the last night of the cruise as well. For this cruise the entire event from the initial meeting of the gurest until the very end was close to 4 hours! For us "casual elegant" night was great and it was so worth it. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

I have a few question?

What kind of food do they prepared? Do you have choices or is it this like here is your food eat it or leave it? Also what if someone can not eat shellfish do they make something special just for them?

I have a few question?

What kind of food do they prepared? Do you have choices or is it this like here is your food eat it or leave it? Also what if someone can not eat shellfish do they make something special just for them?

The menu is preset, and they will provide you the menu. Here is an example ( not sure if they are using the same one from 2014, I think it has updated since then ) http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSunshineBloggers/chef_table/index.html

When you confirm onboard you will be asked about allergies and they will make you something that is similar to everyone elses but safe for you. My wife does not eat onions and mushrooms and they made everything for her without them ( sauces included)

The menu is preset, and they will provide you the menu. Here is an example ( not sure if they are using the same one from 2014, I think it has updated since then ) http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSunshineBloggers/chef_table/index.html

When you confirm onboard you will be asked about allergies and they will make you something that is similar to everyone elses but safe for you. My wife does not eat onions and mushrooms and they made everything for her without them ( sauces included)

Thank you so much for your reply. This is very helpful.

Regardless of where they do it, it is still tons of fun. It is great to sit with other passengers who are willing to pay the price tag for some wonderful creations. It is also quite interesting to go into the kitchen, start with champagne and tidbits and make chocolate melting cake.

And don't hesitate to tell him if there is anything you absolutely can't eat - they will adjust accordingly.

Also, if you drink all the wine you will be impaired!:eek:

if you just don't care for something like fish can they substitute? I have seen several menus and they are very heavy on seafood. ick for me other than very fresh crab, shrimp or scallops. since its on the ship, it's all frozen so not fresh at all. :(

if you just don't care for something like fish can they substitute? I have seen several menus and they are very heavy on seafood. ick for me other than very fresh crab, shrimp or scallops. since its on the ship, it's all frozen so not fresh at all. :(

They happily adjust for aversions or allergies. If you simply don't like the menu you might be better off spending your money elsewhere.

It's an amazing experience, but it's not designed for everyone.

Thank you so much for your reply. This is very helpful.

That's a different menu than what I saw on the Vista last year. I don't know if they have changed fleet wide. I won't eat 80% of what's on new menu, so it does help to find out first what the menu is, if you are picky.

I did it on the Spirit in 2010 with the original menu. The only thing I was iffy about was the Sea Bass, since I'm not a big sea food fan. It was to fishy for me, but others loved it. I was already full when this course came out.

As to whether it's worth it or not, it really depends on your taste in food. It was a lot of fun.

That's the old menu. Not only has the menu changed, but the portions are smaller. In a way, I'm glad. The portions being larger on the old menu meant I walked away without being able to eat dessert and feeling so full I was almost sick to my stomach.

The charge is now $90 pp.

I believe it is 90 on some ships, my reservation for next week on the Elation was confirmed ar 75.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk