Another FCC question!

The Wilkies

Hello

I know this has been done to death, but find the Cruise Critic website search engine not at all helpful.

On 2 cruises last year my DH and I each purchased 1 x FCC, total of 4 altogether.

Today we booked a cruise for next June. My TA confirmed that the FCC had been picked up and the full depot of £150 applied with 2 x $100 obc.

A subsequent invoice from Princess forwarded to me by my TA shows that all 4 credits have been used as the deposit, i.e. £300, but the obc stayed the same, i.e. $200.

Before I get onto Princess, could anyone help explain. I thought you could only use 1 FCC per passenger for each cruise booking. If they can be combined, which seems to be the case, why wasn't the full obc also applied, i.e. $400?

Any ideas anyone?

One of the advantages of the FCC is that it should allow for a reduced deposit in the amount of the cost of the FCC. Unless things are different in the UK your TA may have messed up....:confused:

One of the advantages of the FCC is that it should allow for a reduced deposit in the amount of the cost of the FCC. Unless things are different in the UK your TA may have messed up....:confused:

What she said!!!:D

I have read NUMEROUS times on here how TA's have messed up applying FCD's to bookings. Another common problem is the most recent one gets applied instead of the oldest one.

I would (A) call Princess and have a rep pull up the res and let them know that there was a screw up by the TA and you only intended ONE FCD each to be applied and you will be calling your TA (this should result in the rep annotating your file) and then (B) call the TA and nicely explain to them that they screwed up and should have only applied 1 - after all you don't require more than $100 deposit unless it's part of a world cruise. I would also suggest to the TA that they specifically ask clients in future because it is a waste of FCD to apply more than one (an experienced Princess TA should know this).

Every time we purchase an FCC we purchase one in each name. Each FCC has a reference number. When we book a cruise we always provide the FCC numbers to the T.A. to assure no issues.

By the US$100 OBC, I'm assuming you booked a single cruise between 11 and 16 days. But, if you had booked a b2b cruise under two different booking numbers then one FCC and one OBC would be applied to each cruise, so if you have a balcony cabin that would be $50/pp OBC for a 7 day cruise.

If your T.A. used up your extra FCC, just call them and request that they have it re-deposited back into your Captain's Circle account.

Just a quick update. Amanda, my TA rang Princess this morning whilst I was in the agency. Princess records showed that the deposit paid was the original £150 and the lady was not sure why they had later taken the other FCC.

Anyway, they have been refunded ready for our next booking.

Thanks for your responses.