Switch from anytime dining to traditional

carefree lady

It's unusual to be wait-listed for late (aka MAIN) dining, that is usually pretty available... unless your cruise has a large group on board that pre-reserved a large chunk of dining slots. I suggest you call your TA to clarify your assigned dining status. If you'd prefer Open Dining and your TA can't get it arranged for you, there will be a place set up onboard the first day where the Maitre d' will take requests for dining changes, and usually people get what they want by the second night. The location depends on the ship, so if you don't see it listed in the Daily Program when you board, ask either at the front desk or at the dining room entrance. m--

It's unusual to be wait-listed for late (aka MAIN) dining, that is usually pretty available... unless your cruise has a large group on board that pre-reserved a large chunk of dining slots. I suggest you call your TA to clarify your assigned dining status. If you'd prefer Open Dining and your TA can't get it arranged for you, there will be a place set up onboard the first day where the Maitre d' will take requests for dining changes, and usually people get what they want by the second night. The location depends on the ship, so if you don't see it listed in the Daily Program when you board, ask either at the front desk or at the dining room entrance. m--

I believe there is a large political group who have late seating. Right now we have Open Dining, but prefer late traditional.

I believe there is a large political group who have late seating. Right now we have Open Dining, but prefer late traditional.

Now I understand better... so with a large group on board it might be harder to get a reserved table in late seating. But you might be able to get a table in Open Dining at a late seating time, and request it for the whole cruise. If you are wanting to share a large table with the same people every night, you still might be able to do that too in Open Dining, especially if there are others in your situation, so don't give up on it, it still might happen. m--

We were in a similar situation a few months ago. We were waitlisted for main (late) traditional, and had some fears that we wouldn't get in. When we checked in at the terminal, we were told we got it. So it took until the last minute, but we did get what we wanted.

We were in a similar situation a few months ago. We were waitlisted for main (late) traditional, and had some fears that we wouldn't get in. When we checked in at the terminal, we were told we got it. So it took until the last minute, but we did get what we wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Send an e-mail to HAL's ship's services and request that they refer this to the coordinator for your ship. We did that about 7 months in advance for a particular table in late seating on the Westerdam, and the coordinator responded in a few days confirming our table. You can go to HAL Facts dot com and see the MDR layouts for each HAL ship, with table numbers. If you are many months away from your cruise, you stand a good chance of getting the table you pick. Always provide 5 to 10 optional table numbers. If you are close to your cruise, you only hope at this point is to greet the matre'd on embarkation day with a $20 or $50 bill palmed in your hand when you shake his.