Shadow scores 100

KaraokeQueen

Great result.

I wonder where all those folk who seem to need to put SS down at any opportunity have gone?

I guess you mean me as one of those, so here is my take :eek:

These programmes seeks to prevent and control the introduction, transmission, and spread of gastrointestinal and communicable illnesses on cruise ships. A score of 100 means that it has met all the set criteria. - and hasn't failed and therefore customers could at the moment of inspection feel confident that they were safe. That is what sensible customers should expect and perhaps should be more critical of companies that do not meet all criteria. But this is also simply a single ship in a larger fleet all of which are missing that level and who have in the past have had management deceiving inpsectors.

Only cheerleaders would see one ship simply achieving full compliance as something as opening the bubbly for. It is good that Shadow achieved a score of 100, let's hope they and the rest of the fleet achieve and maintain it.

:D

Jeff

Christie that is excellent news.

It is almost impossible to obtain a 100 because even one minor item will cause the results to be less than 100.

Keith

Well, 21 ships recorded perfect scores last year, and 13 so far this year.

And, there are many minor items that are mentioned in inspection reports that do not result in point deductions. The last couple of 100 score reports had about 14 observations each.

Well, 21 ships recorded perfect scores last year, and 13 so far this year.

And, there are many minor items that are mentioned in inspection reports that do not result in point deductions. The last couple of 100 score reports had about 14 observations each.

It is a very big deal.

It often takes months of preparation.

Only 7% of all scores were at this level last year.

Keith

It is a very big deal.

It often takes months of preparation.

Only 7% of all scores were at this level last year.

Keith

While a score of 100 is quite good, if it takes "months of preparation", it is not a true score, as the purpose of the inspection is to capture a snapshot of day to day operations, and not be a representation of a "final exam" that has been "crammed for". If a ship requires months of preparation for a USPH inspection, they are doing their passengers a disservice.

Too funny.

Everyone is on the same playing field and often with the preparation still don't achieve those levels of score. Yes to get that type of score takes a lot of effort and that is effort each and every day. It's not like you say, we will let things go bad and then in 24 hours make them right. The evaluation does have an added benefit of being challenging enough that you are working on it for quite a while.

And in the meantime there are inspections in other countries as well. So, yes this all keeps the ships and their crew on their toes which is good for the consumer.

Anyway, glad to see that Shadow achieve that score. Was on another ship that achieved the same score and was glad to see that as well.

Much better to get a 100 than to fail. If a ship fails they should be criticized but if a ship gets a 100 I think they should be praised.

Oh well.

Keith

Too funny.

Everyone is on the same playing field and often with the preparation still don't achieve those levels of score. Yes to get that type of score takes a lot of effort and that is effort each and every day. It's not like you say, we will let things go bad and then in 24 hours make them right. The evaluation does have an added benefit of being challenging enough that you are working on it for quite a while.

And in the meantime there are inspections in other countries as well. So, yes this all keeps the ships and their crew on their toes which is good for the consumer.

Anyway, glad to see that Shadow achieve that score. Was on another ship that achieved the same score and was glad to see that as well.

Much better to get a 100 than to fail. If a ship fails they should be criticized but if a ship gets a 100 I think they should be praised.

Oh well.

Keith

Its funny you should make the above bolded statement, when in fact just a year ago, the Shadow had just done this very thing, had let things go so bad they failed the inspection. Also, just recently, the Explorer of the Seas was reported as having service problems upon embarkation caused by "excessive stress" on the staff caused by their first USPH inspection in over a year, which just goes to show that they were not practicing the required procedures on a daily basis.

There are inspections in some countries that ships visit, but even in the EU, where there is a unified sanitation code, there is no central reporting agency like the USPH to see scores (it is up to each member state to decide how and when to inspect or record inspections). So, the ships don't feel as much pressure to get more than a passing score, since the results are not made public.

I am not demeaning the fact of scoring a 100, I am saying that ships should be striving to score 100 each and every day of operation, and anything less is a disservice to their customers.

Oh gee -- nobody's perfect all the time, even me.:D

Great result.

I wonder where all those folk who seem to need to put SS down at any opportunity have gone?

Well said ,nice for the hardworking staff who have helped turn it round.The SS downers will no doubt turn up soon .

Edited by brimary