Faster to the Fun!

k.squared1392

Only you can decide if it is worth it or not. You will get half the people saying they will not cruise without it, and the other half saying it is the biggest waste of money. I like it because my room is ready when I board. I get it when it is available, but do not stress if it isn't.

You will see different opinions about this. I buy it for every cruise. I like having designated lines for check in and guest services. I like priority boarding. My Mom cruises with us sometimes and it puts us far enough ahead of the pack so she can take her time walking in instead of holding up people in the middle of the pack. Also with tender ports you have priority boarding which also helps with Mom. She is a little slower and can't stand very long and this just works for us. You also have priority debarking, which we don't take advantage of, and from what I understand you are off the ship pretty quickly. But it is worth getting it 1 time to see if you like it.

Edited by Bsbllmom

honestly you will know if it's right for you after trying it once. I love it because hubby who has serious back issues doesnt have to wait in line...we don't have to carry things around ( a plus since I've had THREE hernia surgeries) and we get our luggage pretty darn quick. I think for me the MAIN thing is not having to wait at guest services! I can't tell you how awesome that is!

We're heading on the Inspiration in a week. Just purchased Faster to the Fun.

Please tell me it's worth it! I need reassurance that I didn't just 'waste' $100 (2 rooms). Has anyone else purchased the perk? Pros? Cons?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a worst of $$$. IMO

honestly you will know if it's right for you after trying it once. I love it because hubby who has serious back issues doesnt have to wait in line...we don't have to carry things around ( a plus since I've had THREE hernia surgeries) and we get our luggage pretty darn quick. I think for me the MAIN thing is not having to wait at guest services! I can't tell you how awesome that is!

We have similar problems (back issues), and it's worth it to us to bypass the long lines. The Guest Services perk is nice, too.

Do you not think if you have certain ailments it would be better arriving at 2pm and just walk straight on board?

You are going to be on the ship for at least a week so a couple of hours wont make much of a difference.

From what I have read from others, you are still going to be arriving with the vast majority, even though you will then jump in front of some of them!

Doesn't sound like fun to me!

Do you not think if you have certain ailments it would be better arriving at 2pm and just walk straight on board?

You are going to be on the ship for at least a week so a couple of hours wont make much of a difference.

From what I have read from others, you are still going to be arriving with the vast majority, even though you will then jump in front of some of them!

Doesn't sound like fun to me!

I would typically be with you on that one! However, we're only on for a few days and since I technically pay for the embarkation day - it made it more of a reason for me to try it this time. Plus this is also the first time I'm buying the drink package and intend to use it to its fullest from the second I step aboard lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're heading on the Inspiration in a week. Just purchased Faster to the Fun.

Please tell me it's worth it! I need reassurance that I didn't just 'waste' $100 (2 rooms). Has anyone else purchased the perk? Pros? Cons?

It would really be up to you to say if it's worth it.

Just set all the things you expect from it that will make you comfortable. After, evaluate if it met your expectations.

I have a friend that books two cabins when he travels with his wife and kids. They just get FTTF for one cabin and park all the carryons in the one cabin until they can get in the other room. They check in early so the ones without FTTF are not far behind the ones with it. The only thing they miss out on is getting a family embarkation picture. If they need to go to GS the one with FTTF goes. It works for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOVE Faster to the Fun!!! :) I have it on all 4 of my booked cruises ... and hopefully I'll get it on the cruise I'm about to book for Feb 2018 ... and after that cruise I will turn PLATINUM on the following cruise so no need for it anymore (luckily I got all these booked prior to the price increase!)

I love everything about FTTF ... We fly in the day before sailing so we get to the port by 11AM to check in ... I want to be on the boat ASAP ... and love my cabin being ready, and priority baggage. Also love shorter line for GS and priority disembarkation so Customs is not a nightmare (Although we do have Global Entry as well and some ports have that).

When FTTF was first introduced, I thought "What a waste." We decided to try it 3 cruises ago because we had several tender ports and haven't looked back. We will continue to purchase it until we're Platinum. Being able to drop carryons off immediately is the biggest draw for us.